Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another departure

3 posters

Go down

Another departure Empty Another departure

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:11 pm

Tom Stokes has joined Westfields on a "short term loan agreement" Merthyr  Town FC have said. The move is subject to international clearance. "For the remainder of the season, "Westfields say. They have also signed Isaac Richards from Merthyr on dual registration. He has been on loan to Abercarn and scoring goals from midfield.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Another departure Empty Re: Another departure

Post  martyrmark Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:21 pm

We know things are going well at the moment, but we really have to be careful by releasing so many players without replacements, in case of injuries/suspensions/unavailability. I also understand that the players that have left, need regular playing time for obvious reasons. We gained another good win last weekend, but we were lightweight on the bench even then.(Forward positions).

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:46 pm

On a positive outlook, I’d like to believe there will be additions to follow ……. pretty soon.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Another departure Empty Another departure

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:21 pm

Only four on bench on Saturday. Hill and Mehew injured. So I think only 17 in squad now unless I have missed one out. Be interesting to see if there are any newcomers. On the other hand, some players playing regularly for a club might hesitate at moving if they think they will be only making up the numbers to some extent. We don't always need a full bench but a few injuries could mean problems. Rhodes could be out for a few weeks, I believe.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Another departure Empty Going Places

Post  Boz1964 Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:05 am

Not that I am influenced by the glut of holiday adverts post New Year on Television but if we too are ‘going places’ ie the next league up - The Ryan Air TUI - Thomas Cook Conference South then we need strength on the bench for the runway- sorry run in.

Beaconsfield at home Saturday will be a tougher nut to crack than Basingstoke.

Hopefully we will have Gethyn Hill back but the future away trips to the top sides are going to determine our future.

Personally, I hope we can secure a home play off match to draw in a 1000 plus bonus crowd and help boost our finances for next season.

Then we will be cleared for take off.

Boz

Last edited by Boz1964 on Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sun burn)
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Another departure Empty Going places

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:54 am

Beaconsfield are fourth from the bottom.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Another departure Empty Going Places

Post  Boz1964 Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:15 am

League Position in this league means little.

Bottom can beat top or vice versa.

They seem to be scoring well whatever they do….let’s hope they are more Leeky at the back than Our Martyr Kris.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down