Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Departure?

+11
Nubs
tomboy
Boz1964
cliffyboy
scamp
interested
Merthyr Imp
Old Sod
stevie g
Solihull Martyr
Tim Drummond
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Departure? Empty Departure?

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:45 am

It may be that another Merthyr player has departed.......

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Departure? Empty Re: Departure?

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:51 am

Hya "Tim" - great to see another cheery post!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:09 pm

Don't shoot the messenger!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Departure? Empty departure

Post  stevie g Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm

someone up the game today said that Marcus has gone if so he will be missed

stevie g

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:12 pm

Don't tempt me! Actually, I'd have to form an orderly queue!!  Very Happy 
Marcus?
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:42 pm

Bugger, I hope this isn't right particularly as I've sold sponsorships on his home and away shirts! 

Seriously I am sorry if he has left as he's been a good servant of the club for quite a few seasons.  He hasn't had a look in this season which is sad and it may be no surprise that he's probably seeking first team football elsewhere or at least some sort of football which he ain't getting with us.  Corey Jenkins has impressed on the left  when he's come on and he would be the only one ahead of Marcus coming off the bench as far as I'm concerned in a widish position.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:47 pm

Old Sod wrote: Corey Jenkins has impressed on the left  when he's come on and he would be the only one ahead of Marcus coming off the bench as far as I'm concerned in a widish position.

Yes, I've not been impressed by Dan MacDonald so far in the two home games he's played in, although people seemed to rate him highly in the friendly matches.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  interested Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:57 pm

Disappointing if Marcus has gone and it has come out as a rumour before the club has made a statement but perhaps reflects the way he has been treated this year with little respect, and game time, heard he was asked to come all the way from Rhyl where he was working for the Clevedon game when there appears to have been no intention to use him. A Player who has shown a lot of commitment to Merthyr Town appearing to be shown little in return.
And you would have to think he wont be the last can we expect to keep a squad of 20 plus when some are not involved week in week out how can they be match fit, Mr Jenkins seems to have more faith in the people he knows with Jenkins and Mcdonald being the first names on the team sheet, and like others also believe Mcdonald is struggling. Couldn't understand two defenders on the bench Tuesday both Fullbacks when there was a center half available and today no defenders on the bench

interested

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:29 pm

We all have our own opinions but I have been impressed with McDonald.As yet he has not had a good run out in the first team but he is a renowned goal scorer.I hope we do not jump the gun and send him the same way as the lad long last year.We need to develop new talent who will be good enough for the next league.I think some of the players who have been loyal to us in the past unfortunately need replacing with new fresh talent.But any new talent need a little time to adapt

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:39 pm

Only seen MacDonald play twice and don't rate him one bit! The step up from Welsh League is quite big really. I expect SJ will keep faith with him seeing he probably persuaded him to sign for us!

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:45 pm

If the Marcus rumour is true then it would be the sadness news since Keds broke his leg and Danny & Shep resigning ...he has been both a loyal servant and an excellent team player and goal scorer for our club over the last few years....I hope he will blossom further with any new club who would go be lucky to have him....a player with an eye for goal and a turn of speed like he possesses is a rare commodity....hope it doesn't come back to bite us come May....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  tomboy Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Disappointed in the way marcus has been treated HE'S been treated same way as everyone else they got the shirt and havnt lost to lose shirt stupid statement in my opinion

tomboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:29 pm

tomboy wrote:Disappointed  in the way marcus has been treated  HE'S  been treated same way as everyone else they got the shirt and havnt lost to lose shirt stupid  statement  in my opinion

It would be nice if you used some punctuation in your sentences. Then they might make sense.
farao
Quote tomboy from another thread,
"Agree 100% clueless and negative FOOTBALL won in the end"

Should read:-

Agree 100%. clueless and negative. FOOTBALL won in the end.

Much easier to comprehend.
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:21 am

Good luck and the best of luck to Marcus hope he does well whatever club he plays for..

As regards Dan MacDonald I'm a bit disappointed with some of the comments, he's new, just give him a chance. His best position is a No 10 who play's between the midfield and the main striker, so the current system we are playing does not suit his style of play. I'm sure when we have to play a less offensive system away from home he will be a real asset.

Also, Disappointed with the comment regarding Steve Jenkins team selections. The players selected against Clevedon were the same who made the 5 hour trip away to Bashley which was the correct decision and good management. We are unbeaten to date, look much fitter and better organised than last season. So let's have some positive contributions and Trust in SJ and I'm sure next April we will all reap the rewards.

Onwards and upwards, looking forward to Cinderford with great optimism.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:54 am

It's all about opinions mate, like I think Gareth Bale is a good player but there you are !!!!

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  DowlaisBoy Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:00 am

cliffyboy wrote:Only seen MacDonald play twice and don't rate him one bit! The step up from Welsh League is quite big really. I expect SJ will keep faith with him seeing he probably persuaded him to sign for us!

Not sure how you can judge a player on only seeing him play twice. At least give him 15-20 to make a fair judgement. In regards to Marcus he was hardly involved last season under gary and danny so not just SJ that doesn't rate him highly enough for the first 11 . Good luck to him though.

DowlaisBoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:19 am

DowlaisBoy wrote:
cliffyboy wrote:Only seen MacDonald play twice and don't rate him one bit! The step up from Welsh League is quite big really. I expect SJ will keep faith with him seeing he probably persuaded him to sign for us!

Not sure how you can judge a player on only seeing him play twice. At least give him 15-20 to make a fair judgement. In regards to Marcus he was hardly involved last season under gary and danny so not just SJ that doesn't rate him highly enough for the first 11 . Good luck to him though.

Well said DB could not agree more!

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:02 am

Just reading a post on the Facebook page of Marcus, it looks as if he has joined Cambrian
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:11 pm

JRM98 wrote:Just reading a post on the Facebook page of Marcus, it looks as if he has joined Cambrian

Aye, but only on "loan" on a similar basis to Rewbs to get some game time.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:39 pm

Ah right, cheers for clearing that up  Very Happy 
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:45 pm

'...someone up the game today said...'

'...it has come out as a rumour...'

'...sorry to hear Marcus has left the club...'

Beware rumours.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:50 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:'...someone up the game today said...'

'...it has come out as a rumour...'

'...sorry to hear Marcus has left the club...'

Beware rumours.

Rumours! Rumours!.......quite correct, beware rumours and wait for the confirmation from OUR Club first.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:10 pm

DowlaisBoy wrote:
Not sure how you can judge a player on only seeing him play twice. At least give him 15-20 to make a fair judgement.

Who remembers a well-built centre forward we had called Richard Harris in the 2005/06 season? Everybody formed a pretty good judgement of him on just 45 minutes play, including the management, and he didn't reappear for the second half of the only match he played in.

Not that I'm suggesting for a minute Dan MacDonald is in the same class as that! We do need to see more of him, and I hope he comes good.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Look, if you are going to spoil this forum with logic you can sling your hook back to Sincil Bank now.  The whole point of this forum is to promote rumour, innuendo and misinformation.  If you want fact and opinion go somewhere else.  I know people on the W**K bank who can make judgements on instinct and a millionth of a second play.  Indeed, they don't even need to see someone playing, let alone the calibration of two games. That's luxury that is.

#irony (or s it #sarcasm)?!

If its true Marcus has left/loaned then I wish him all the best.  One of a number who has been with us during difficult times: never it seems a first choice player, however someone who has always done us proud.  The MTFC version of Solskjaer!  And I mean that as praise indeed!

Last edited by Solihull Martyr on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Who remembers a well-built centre forward we had called Richard Harris in the 2005/06 season?
I can't - but he was bl**dy brilliant in "A man called Horse" (1970)!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum