Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players departure

5 posters

Go down

Players departure Empty Players departure

Post  scamp Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:25 am

Been announced that Toby Raison has returned to hereford also Corey Shephard has departed to go to Haverfordwest
Sad to see Corey go has I considered him one of our best players of late another nail in the coffin I suppose.Still waiting to see what the board are going to do to get us out of our present dilemma or are they not particularly perturbed about us being relagated

scamp

Back to top Go down

Players departure Empty Re: Players departure

Post  martyrmark Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:35 am

I wouldn’t be waiting by your phone or computer for much ‘positive’ news to come from HQ Scamp, if I were you. We’re just hanging on by our fingernails from game to game. Not sure if they tried or were able to extend Raison’s loan deal and it seems he was only needed to warm the bench of late anyway. As of Shephard, although we don’t know the circumstances, it comes to something to see him returning to the club he recently left, after just a handful of games for us. Perhaps like us, he’s disillusioned and doesn’t see much light at the end of the tunnel? Although, I heard the last training session went well and we drew 1-1 against the plastic cones.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:21 pm

Shepherd left Haverfordwest due to work commitments. They have just appointed a new manager. I assume this new manager has sorted out Corey's work commitments by having a word with his father to give him more time off?.

OWNES1

Boz1964 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:43 pm

Let’s be totally honest here,it’s an absolute shitfest.no rhyme or reason whatsoever with the club.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 am

Spot on. That’s all we ever do is ‘assume.’ It’s shambolic.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Players departure Empty Players' Departure

Post  hirwaunman Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:35 am

Given that the present team was built from scratch, has been plagued by injuries particularly to experienced players and is still being strengthened, maybe it's not unreasonable for the board to keep faith with the existing management team. Or maybe they still have loyalty to that 'club legend' management team despite the fact that the league table does not lie. Or maybe they simply don't have the resources to bring in anyone with better credentials. Or maybe they are putting their faith in the 'bounceback' argument whereby we will do very well, prove that supporters prefer a successful team at a lower level to a struggling one in the league above and come back from relegation at the first attempt. Nothing much individual fans like me can do except keep attending (when allowed), keep shouting (encouragement not abuse) and keep hoping.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:35 am

Totally agree. Just heard on the Welsh news about Chester FC. How petty can we get and enforces the need for one policy on coved. Are we a United Kingdom or not? The stadium is literally a short pass over the border. A pass we are not even making this season, LOL.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:22 pm

If the management think by being relagated we will bounce back with the present set up they must be living in a dream world.We recently played Plymouth parkway who are division below us and lost dismally.When teams in a lower division play us they think it is their cup final .In a lower division as things are we probably a mid table side.with more players being fit let’s hope the tide will turn though I think it is now to late

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:41 pm

Like scamp it’s nice to hear peeps talk some common sense,let’s be totally honest management keep blaming players or injuries etc but if I’m honest our biggest issue is the management! Clarkey and co have never managed before other than assistant and even then it wasn’t great.
The club expects decent crowds but there’s only so much people are going to accept before they start staying away(when we are allowed back).
It’s funny but someone mentioned in John reddys day clarkey would have been gone and maybe that’s the issue rather than one individual being the decision make it’s now a collective?
All I know is a winning club is a healthy club and a losing club well you know how that goes.
No other club would go this long on a losing streak without sone changes being made.
And all those people bleeding on about being better off in a lower league,go outside and give yourself a shake for Christ’s sake.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:43 am

Sums it all up for me, after hearing/seeing Clarke’s pre-match comments on trying to get players in……. Quote: ‘My missus has been on to me all the time, as I’ve been on the phone constantly.’ …… And he’s ‘in charge?’ Really doesn’t bode well, does it?

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down