Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mangotsfield of Dreams

4 posters

Go down

Mangotsfield of Dreams Empty Mangotsfield of Dreams

Post  Boz1964 Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:54 pm

Mangotsfield of Dreams.

'If you build it they will come' .

With the car park complete and the stadium refurbishment building works underway following the signing of the new lease, the Merthyr Fans turned up in their droves.

With a new fan 'base' of over 1000 followers (almost as many as the flock of the Roving Sheep on Twitter) - the majority of which seems to come from down the Valley, present in the Spring sunshine , Merthyr witnessed a 'diamond' of a goal from our Spanish import Guillermo Bauza.

There has not been a Spanish volley like that since the Battle of Trafalgar, although this time at least half of Nelson appreciated this one.

The goal celebration from the Man of La Merthyr , had the elderly supporters in the Spanish 'Main' stand in a Quixotic frenzy, as it flew past the 'Windmill-like' arms of Joe Perry , in the Mango goal who was too busy trying to remember which team he was currently playing for.

As usual , he was aided by the off the ball running of his squire, Sancho Prosser, who led the line brilliantly.

Perhaps Perry could claim he was distracted by the loud round of applause which was not for the wonder goal but for the return of the Club Secretary.

Either way, he was 'strand'ed for their first.

The second came after some neat inter-passing in midfield by Kris ' the Dagger' Leek , Bauza (twice) and the Holy Beard....as usual rising at Easter.

The new Spanish move , as he danced through the Mangos back line is now known as the '
Prosser Doble.' before he unleashed another shot that terrorised Perry with him misjudging its estimated time of arrival (ETA)

With the Martyrs two up there seemed to be a Spanish Inquisition going on in the Mangotsfield back line , as the Merthyr forwards and wingers were too hot for them -so much so that they had to 'resort' to foul play and the inevitable bookings.

My bingo -loving Uncle Gggggranville had opened his match programme and in quick succession had marked off the numbers of 7, 8 , 9 & 10 and only wanted Legs Eleven for a Full House.

Their bald number 8 in his 'Maroon 5 ' kit unfortunately didn't ' Move like Jarrad' , as he lashed out at anything black n white - and took the 'Mick' out of the referee by back -chatting him at every opportunity.

He reminded me of West Ham hard man, Julian Dicks - except of course without the Julian.

The bookings were coming thick and fast , whilst the tackles were thick and slow.

The diminutive whistleblower became so annoyed he even booked their midfielder for having an offensive quiff - not seen since the demise of Spandau Ballet.

It was 'true gold' to watch , as was the way our players on masse outplayed the Bristol outfit.

Traylor tantalised the full backs on either flank , with one very harassed defender leaving the field with a ruddier face than the 'Mang' United mascot - Fred the Red.

His face colour was matched by that of our former Martyr, Joe Perry who had conceded before half-time a third , from the boot of our Midfield General ....but it wasn't red from embarrassment - as kept the score respectable- it was from the scorch of the ' HeatLeeker' missile unleashed by Daggerman Kris into the heart of the Mangos net.

But red wasn't the only colour on display on the 3G pitch.

There was Green everywhere, as player -of -the -season -elect Ryan was outstanding - he was like the footballing equivalent of Imodium - stopping the Mangos 'runs' with quick feet.

I wish I had picked him for my Fantasy( Island )Footballing team , as even
his 'tattoos' were outstanding - spotting any threat arriving in the air too.

It must be a real pleasure to play in a side with such quality , with a defence made of the 'Wright' stuff and once again Ryan 'imodium' Green helping octopus Bradley keep another clean sheet.

It is hard to pick a man of the match with the quality and excellence on display - the finesse of Gavin Williams- the speed and dribbling of Ian Traylor- the energy of Kris Leek- the drive and tackling of Matthew Harris , the creativity of Kerry Morgan -the dry-stone wall at the back of Summerfield & Davies - but to me- purely on the joy of watching the Mallorcan Maestro score that first- I give it to the Balearic Ballistic Bauza-

Cometh the hour- cometh the hero- and in the BIG match- he 'upstaged' and out 'play'ed Stratford - he was the man of the moment.

Merthyr's own 'El Kid' tamed the Mangotsfield 'Dad's Army' and would have made Private Godfrey , let alone Corporal Jones panic.

His message was as clear as Majorcan Water.

'Adios ' Stratford , Evesham and Taunton.

There is now a new 'Don' in Merthyr and on Monday we will 'don' the title too.

This Easter the Verde Recreo perfect pitch will be transformed from a Mang United nightmare in to a ' Theatre End of Dreams'

Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Mangotsfield of Dreams Empty Re: Mangotsfield of Dreams

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:29 pm

>>> 'Adios Stratford , Evesham and Taunton
Hopefully one of the latter two will join us! #MidlandsFootball!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Apr 04, 2015 2:19 pm

Solihull Martyr wrote:>>> 'Adios Stratford , Evesham and Taunton
Hopefully one of the latter two will join us! #MidlandsFootball!
The former 2 surely as Taunton are in the South West!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:45 pm

Aye you're right - not been well all week!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Mangotsfield of Dreams Empty kevin costner

Post  OWNES1 Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:08 am

Just like your last book, one of your best. Contact your publisher and start on that back catalogue for the end of season book.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:37 am

Thank you Ownes ...volumes 36 (Bred of Cefn- with Richard Crawshay in a pram on the cover) and volume 37 (Bozness as usual) will be coming to a car boot sale near you very soon.

They will be at the printers later this week.

If there is sufficient interest in the close season...I will put a thread on to see if it is 'viable' to have an evening in the Summer for a reading night to raise money for club funds or for ex- players day.

A one- off Championship collection edition with the Dial M brigade might also be a consideration.

Perhaps one of the Dial M boys might want to contact me, as I have never contributed in the past.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down