Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vs. Bracknell

+2
Barneyboy
scamp
6 posters

Go down

Vs.  Bracknell Empty Vs. Bracknell

Post  scamp Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:37 am

Lost 3-1 at home
Cannot complain they were the better side on the day

scamp

Back to top Go down

Vs.  Bracknell Empty Re: Vs. Bracknell

Post  Barneyboy Sat Aug 13, 2022 4:12 pm

They were a much better set up than ourselves,only a few games in but there’s loads to work on with the squad.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Vs.  Bracknell Empty Vs. Bracknell

Post  merthyr rising Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:49 am

Agree with previous posts. Bracknell were direct and relentless, and seemed faster, fitter and more focussed than us. Not surprising given their current trajectory perhaps, and our still trying to piece a competitive side together, not helped by our two main strikers not being available. It was 3-1 on goals, but it must have been around 12-0 on corners, it was that one sided. I suspect that among Paul's urgent priorities must be both a kick ass, ball winning midfielder, as well as an experienced creative one. Obviously easier said than done! But the players in those positions yesterday were out- thought and out-fought, bypassed and ineffectual. Particularly disappointing was a player who had shown much promise on joining last year but yesterday seemed distracted and truculent. I'm certain the manager will get it sorted, and for (optimistic) perspective I'd be astonished if yesterday's opponents aren't competing at the top of the table this year and we won't (hopefully) encounter many better sides this time?

merthyr rising

Back to top Go down

Vs.  Bracknell Empty Vs Bracknell

Post  hirwaunman Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:55 am

The writing was on the wall when we conceded four corners in the first three minutes. Considering the relentless pressure we were under, the defence did well to keep the score to what it was. Yes, there was a glaring lack of creativity in midfield, with distribution poor and too often of the 'hoof and hope' variety. It would have been good to hear the manager's post-match comments but, unfortunately, they were drowned out on the Youtube video by background noise. Still, it's early days and there is plenty of time and opportunity to put things right - but it would be wise not to hope for more than a safe league position this season.

Last edited by hirwaunman on Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correction)

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:28 am

If they played at that tempo in that heat. What will they be like in the winter when they mead to keep warm.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:51 am

Whose bright idea was it, to conduct a post match interview with the manager, (first home league game) around a beer table, in a corner of the clubhouse, surrounded by people in loud conversation, drowning out every six words spoken?…….. Come on. Couldn’t you find a quieter spot? May I suggest, outside? I thought we had a ‘special interview spot’ set up? Hope this is not a sign of things to come? Thought we were making a clean sweep of things? We need to be a bit more professional. As far as, on the field performances go, less said the better.
The build up to a new season, became another guessing game on player availability throughout the week and not until 2:30pm did we know the players available. As paying fans, it’s not a lot to ask for.
Disappointed to see both our centre forwards missing. (Guessing injured?) I understand this is a new squad and it will take time to gel etc.but, having been together and played together for five weeks and having witnessed ‘disjointed performances’ (manager’s quotes), since our first friendly game, we are desperate for an experienced centre back. Also, in my opinion, injury prone Gethyn Hill needs back up.I remember his last stint with the club, when he played less than a third of games, with the rest in the treatment room. So long term, I can’t see him being a ‘regular,’ that’s if he stays the distance, looking at his C.V. Can’t believe we had more points on the board last season in comparison……. Another 3 defeats and looks like our challenge for the title is under threat……. Realistically…. Survival.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down