Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR v Tiverton

+18
Boz1964
MattMartyr87
RJONES90
Risca Martyr
GordonTheGopher
Johnny boy
ourhenry
PeterHarman
Twyn Jasper
Old Sod
Nubs
Merthyr Imp
Dai Bando
rustic
mandrake
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
Markymark88
Solihull Martyr
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MERTHYR v Tiverton - Page 3 Empty Re: MERTHYR v Tiverton

Post  Taffia Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:52 am

Wandering wrote:
or where KMc was when the ball was kicked, but this picture would add coals to the manager's fire. Perhaps the Assistant saw KMc touch the ball after it crossed the line. That's fine - not offside at that point.
This earlier picture in the sequence doesn't prove the offside decision either way but Kayne's movement would have been towards the goal and the 'keeper looks as though he's also moving towards Prosser, so when the ball was actually played Kayne may well have been on-side! Either way it's marginal and would have been a difficult decision for the officials to make.

MERTHYR v Tiverton - Page 3 Kayne%2520McLaggon%2520goal%2520Tiverton%2520Mar%252015[/quote]

I agree with you. Your emphasis of what I typed shows that this photo cannot prove offside one way or another. It's a dynamic situation, not static. But that won't stop the Tivvy manager, players or those one-eyed fans of theirs (looking at valeMartyr's post) claiming it does.
Taffia
Taffia

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Tiverton - Page 3 Empty MERTHYR vs Tiverton

Post  PeterHarman Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:48 pm

I showed that photo to one of the Directors from Tiverton and he said that he didn't think it was offside.

PeterHarman

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3