Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SQUAD./MANAGER NEXT SEASON.

+3
MartyrMann
Silent One
P45
7 posters

Go down

NEW SQUAD./MANAGER NEXT SEASON. Empty NEW SQUAD./MANAGER NEXT SEASON.

Post  P45 Mon May 05, 2014 1:35 pm

i'm not naive.I know that a new squad of players won't guarantee success,but in this stituation it's necessary for footballing and financial reasons.

To heal the fan's wounds a little,and give some closure regarding the poor end to this season, i feel that Gary Shepperd should tactfully resign..I'd keep Danny Carter as coach ,and bring in Gavin willaims as player manage. We also need new backroom staff,(WE MUST) get rid of the dead wood.if we are to move forward next season.

P45

Back to top Go down

NEW SQUAD./MANAGER NEXT SEASON. Empty Re: NEW SQUAD./MANAGER NEXT SEASON.

Post  Silent One Mon May 05, 2014 1:42 pm

Well said Last two years gone with the experienced player ! Perhaps it's time to give the youngsters a chance to gain the experience at least they will give 100% every game and play for the love of the game and not just the money ! Bring back the youngsters they let go last season !

Silent One

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Mon May 05, 2014 2:30 pm

Gavin as a Player/Manager would be a great idea with his background and experience of playing in the Football League. Younger players have to be given a chance as experience has failed to deliver this season.
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Silent One Mon May 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Hear Hear Totally Agree.

Silent One

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Mon May 05, 2014 4:43 pm

Gavin no doubt has the experience and talent but what shep and carter have is contacts to pick up players like Prosser Traylor Wright Newman cutlain Howe Griffiths etc from teams in the locality.We have had big name players as managers who as managers were not exactly successful in that role john Charles being one yet Lyn Jones was because he had the contacts and success in picking up local talent.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon May 05, 2014 4:51 pm

I think Lyn was able to sign a mixture of fairly local talent and experienced players. However, even he didn't succeed with some of the latter whom he signed. eg, David Giles, Phil Brignull, Paul Petts.
Merthyr have a scout combing the area over the Severn Bridge....perhaps someone could also concentrate on the South Wales scene. Often we have relied on players approaching the club, Giles Cutlan being one example.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Mon May 05, 2014 4:59 pm

When was the last time we had someone playing for us from over the Severn bridge Colburn perhaps I think Charles is from Newport.The lad playing for Shortwood might be useful from ponty I believe always scoring goals at our level.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sickasaparrot Tue May 06, 2014 4:40 am

Silent One wrote:Well said Last two years gone with the experienced player ! Perhaps it's time to give the youngsters a chance to gain the experience at least they will give 100% every game and play for the love of the game and not just the money ! Bring back the youngsters they let go last season !

I agree, I think the management went for experienced players to try and buy the league, but they lost out due to lack of commitment, and energy from players on their way down in their careers.

Some of the youngsters let go at the start of the season may have been raw then, but if given the opportunity I am sure they would have grasped it with both hands, grown in stature and fought tooth and nail for the club for the whole season. Maybe some of those youngsters would have been willing to forgo any wages just to have the chance (was that ever considered?).

Who if any of those youngsters would people like to see given a second chance (should they want it???)?
Sickasaparrot
Sickasaparrot

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNick Tue May 06, 2014 7:16 am

I don't know about a new squad or management but I do know there will be one new season ticket holder. ME!  Laughing 
CrazyNick
CrazyNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue May 06, 2014 7:22 am

Ryan Charles and Aaron Cornwall are based in Bristol.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down