Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geth-in down the Bath plug-hole

3 posters

Go down

Geth-in down the Bath plug-hole Empty Geth-in down the Bath plug-hole

Post  mandrake Thu May 16, 2013 7:03 am

I see that former Martyr Gethin Jones, and also Kerry Morgan have been released by Bath City. Possible management team for Everton perhaps? Or maybe even signings for a top Welsh club with a new yellow away shirt...?
mandrake
mandrake

Back to top Go down

Geth-in down the Bath plug-hole Empty Re: Geth-in down the Bath plug-hole

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 16, 2013 7:50 am

Kerry Morgan, I believe, would have been interested in joining Merthyr Town this season but

Kerry Morgan was interested in joining Merthyr Town the season just ended, I believe, but there would have been a disparity between what he would expect re wages and what the club could pay.
Whether his release from Bath will make a difference, I wouldn't like to say.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai Bando Thu May 16, 2013 2:34 pm

Players need to start getting realistic that the days of demanding however much a week have gone, the days of clubs especially at nonleague and lower football league stating this is what you are going to get are arriving , players wage demands and expectations have bleed the game dry over the years.
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 16, 2013 5:08 pm

You can't blame players for trying to get as much as they can at whatever level they play at.
Pro or semi-pro, it's a job. It's a working day for them whereas for the fan it's their leisure time.
Merthyr basically chase talent at the lower levels if they feel they have the potential to step up.
Or there is also the player who has been with a League club as a youngster but been released.
I can't see Merthyr at present being able to attract players who can still do a job in The BSP, BSS or BSN.
And some people would be surprised at the wages paid in the Welsh Premiership.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai Bando Fri May 17, 2013 1:20 am

"And some people would be surprised at the wages paid in the Welsh Premiership"

Hence the turmoil and state of the Welsh Premiership
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Fri May 17, 2013 2:55 am

There are some WP clubs coping and some who are not. The former have picked up Euro cash to help them. But by and large I agree that The WP is not a good commodity. And when at one Carmarthen game, no officials turned up as no-one had been appointed, well that says it all.
But players will accept a big wage regardless; it's not for them to worry about where the money comes from any more than an employee of any other business does.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai Bando Fri May 17, 2013 4:34 am

"But players will accept a big wage regardless; it's not for them to worry about where the money comes from any more than an employee of any other business does."

Very true ,the fact of the matter is the gravy train is grinding to a halt, and the harsh realities for those involved in the game both playing and running clubs are now having to be faced .
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down