Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geth leaves for pastures new

4 posters

Go down

Geth leaves for pastures new Empty Geth leaves for pastures new

Post  Nubs Wed May 27, 2020 8:57 am

Merthyr Town FC can announce the departure of forward Gethyn Hill. The Martyrs first summer signing of last season leaves after making a total of 21 appearances for the club.

Speaking on his departure, manager Gavin Williams said: "Unfortunately Geth has been offered a move which he couldn't turn down. At present we are doing everything we can to keep our players at the club but our budget can't match many other sides currently. I would like to thank Gethyn for his time at the club and wish him well for the future".

The club would also like to thank him for his time at the club.
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Geth leaves for pastures new Empty Re: Geth leaves for pastures new

Post  scamp Wed May 27, 2020 1:06 pm

Of the players who have left so far the only one who will be missed in my opinion is lee Lucas

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 28, 2020 5:37 am

I heard he is signing for Taunton who have lost their captain and vice-captain.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 28, 2020 6:17 am

BOARD STATEMENT ON MERTHYR TOWN FC WEBSITE- In the first instance, on behalf of Merthyr Town Football Club, I unreservedly apologise to Gethyn Hill for the comments made by an employee of the football club - a bar man who doesn't need to be mentioned but a disciplinary action will be made against the individual. I would like to thank Gethyn for his services at the Football Club and wish him well in his new venture. Finally, it goes without saying that he is always welcome back at the club at anytime.

Best wishes,

Chairman

Howard King

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Geth leaves for pastures new Empty Gethyn Hill

Post  Boz1964 Thu May 28, 2020 8:28 am

It is sad to hear any player leaving our Club, especially ones with burgeoning talent.

We all have our individual opinions on players, and the loss of three quality players is disappointing but completely understandable in these uncertain times.

For what it is worth, I think he would have blossomed into a 15 goal striker next season.

Alex Harris was at the head of a mean defence last season so his absence will undoubtably be missed.

Lee Lucas has quality stamped right through him- even I can see that.

We are still blessed with lots of quality players and as one football door closes another ‘Laporte’ opens.

At least Merthyr Town will provide a showcase for the footballing talent in South Wales.

I hope the Club can now concentrate on finding the next Gethyn,Alex & Lee to place themselves in the shop window.

A Welsh Jamie Vardy would be just fine.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Geth leaves for pastures new Empty GETHYN HILL

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 28, 2020 11:39 am

I did my bit years ago, recommending Ian Traylor after watching him starring for Pontypridd.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Same here brought chris holvey Micky Dix recommended Dave webly when he was playing for abertillery
These players are around but need a network of eyes looking at these players and when or if brought to the club must be given the chance to prove themselves.This. I realise is difficult if we are only running one team

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Trouble is some fans want instant success.Experienced ex-FL players look for bigger wages. They are used to football as a career. Those from lower leagues have a chance to better themselves although these days some players don't want to commit to travelling long distances every other Saturday.
Interest in the game is dwindling, judging by the current Merthyr League membership.
I think the SL Premier is difficult for Merthyr atm.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 28, 2020 1:57 pm

Someone said it was surprising that there were so many football fans as most end the season disappointed.Whereas you could enjoy the game for itself, now everyone looks for promotion, play-offs etc as the be all and end all.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat May 30, 2020 6:00 am

Confirmed, Hill has joined Taunton,the club obviously making a determined bid for the title.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down