Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARTYRS FANS "12 MAN"

+4
GordonTheGopher
Solihull Martyr
Mountain Ash
SHEP09
8 posters

Go down

MARTYRS FANS "12 MAN" Empty MARTYRS FANS "12 MAN"

Post  SHEP09 Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:00 am

Hi to all you Martyrs who attended yesterday and to the ones who missed out on a great Atmosphere that you all created. It hasnt felt like that since we were playing in the old Doc Martins league. Yes there have been some good days with cups but for a league game that was the best for such a long time, hope the fans who are not regulars can see what the TRUST - ME - DANNY & TEAM are trying to achieve with this football club. So come on the ones who came yesterday "you know you enjoyed it" so turn up for next weekend and for the rest of the season and help us by being the 12 team member and bring the league home as a lot of you do say
UP THE TOWN!!!!

SHEP09

SHEP09

Back to top Go down

MARTYRS FANS "12 MAN" Empty Re: MARTYRS FANS "12 MAN"

Post  Mountain Ash Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:20 am

SHEP09 wrote:Hi to all you Martyrs who attended yesterday and to the ones who missed out on a great Atmosphere that you all created. It hasnt felt like that since we were playing in the old Doc Martins league. Yes there have been some good days with cups but for a league game that was the best for such a long time, hope the fans who are not regulars can see what the TRUST - ME - DANNY & TEAM are trying to achieve with this football club. So come on the ones who came yesterday "you know you enjoyed it" so turn up for next weekend and for the rest of the season and help us by being the 12 team member and bring the league home as a lot of you do say
UP THE TOWN!!!!

SHEP09

It's all coming together very nicely Shep, some wonderful football is being played and a corner was turned big-style after Willand away before xmas. Sadly I had to miss yesterday, tried to book a day off over a month ago but the gannets at work had got in first- being a bank holiday and whatnot. I was with you all in spirit though, phoned home at 5 oclock from the canteen. Apparently my shout could be heard right across the shopfloor when I heard the result.

Will not be missing anymore home games this season, but away Monday is a bit tricky. Even then there is an armchair army of support that gathers here, the poor unfortunates who for various reasons cannot come on the road with the Martyrs. Due to public transport issues I will unfortunately be one of those wretched souls on Monday, but with you all again in spirit and know we can do this! There is definitely something very special going on with the Martyrs right now and it is a joy to behold.
Mountain Ash
Mountain Ash

http://www.italianfilmreview.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:27 am

Nicely said Leader, and well done to you, Mr Carter & all the team.

But why nothing on twitter?!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:40 am

Well said Shep our support has been good all season,
In the Non League Matters attendance statistics (top 250 teams) Merthyr Town lie in 70th place.
Wrexham 2nd Newport County 18th Bangor City 38th. This makes Merthyr the4th best supported non league team in Wales.
The next best Western League side are Div 1 Melksham Town 205th Corsham Town of the Premier Div are 234th and Longwell Green 246th.

Last edited by GordonTheGopher on Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:43 am

Gary congrats to you Danny Jon and the Trust and all that have worked so hard to keep the ship afloat.All the true fans of this Club are with u all the way.lets do it in style............... Very Happy ........ Very Happy

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:02 am

When you are using to playing in front of 60 people playing in front of such a big crowd must have bee intimidating for their players. Great day had by all.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:25 am

The crowd at Penydarren Park on Friday was bigger than any team 2 leagues above us and also bigger than 6 teams in the Blue Square South!

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:37 am

So what was the crowd, Footballmitoo says 705,Western Mail report over 1000 and the Hallen report 1040, my very rough count over 800.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:42 am

705 was the "official" attendance

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNick Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:34 am

Coundn't make this game and it looks like I can only make the one mid-week game and the last game on the 28th! Will be buying a season ticket for next season and hopefully get a few more away games in ( wife permitting ) ! Embarassed
CrazyNick
CrazyNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down