Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walton v merthyr

5 posters

Go down

Walton v merthyr Empty Walton v merthyr

Post  scamp Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:06 am

Game finished with 1-1 draw
Good result but Walton had a man sent off and it seem we were under heavy pressure for much of the game
We were leading 1-0 with 13 minutes to go but yet again let in a late goal
Walton are a decent side at home so no complaints

scamp

Back to top Go down

Walton v merthyr Empty Re: Walton v merthyr

Post  Barneyboy Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:08 am

Walton were very lucky not to have had 3 points today and were by far the better side over all.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Walton v merthyr Empty Walton vs Merthyr

Post  hirwaunman Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:56 pm

Sounds like we did well to come away with a point. A few weeks ago we would probably have been slaughtered. Next week's game against Taunton will be a stiff test, and we will do well to draw 1 - 1. Regrettably, draws are not enough at this stage. We may well be moving in the right direction, but will any sustained recovery be too late? Let's hope not.

hirwaunman

Barneyboy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:44 pm

Can anyone tell us who scored our goal

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:49 pm

scamp wrote:Can anyone tell us who scored our goal

Keyon Reffell according to this:

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/Results/All/All/2021/2022/P/Southern%20League%20Premier%20South/
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:24 pm

Pleased with the result last Saturday under the circumstances but, I thought we had enough in our attack to cause more problems than the three shots we could only produce over the ninety minutes and against a side that were beaten 6-1 in their previous outing. At times it looked like another three or four goals against, with our woodwork taking a good bashing and I’m glad lady luck was on our side. I think the mind set that the players are being passed on from the coaching staff is, ‘don’t lose the game’ but, I wish we would take bolder decisions and ‘try to win the game.’ Even when they were reduced to ten men for the last fifteen minutes, we were panicking and decided to put all eleven players behind the ball. That system hasn't worked all season and I’d like to see us at this point, at least try and have more control in the final third of the pitch.

martyrmark

Dial M For Merthyr Zine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down