Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walton casuals

+5
hirwaunman
scamp
martyrmark
rustic
WSCEvans
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Walton casuals - Page 2 Empty Re: Walton casuals

Post  WSCEvans Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:22 am

As we know its a results business whether 2nd division or Southern League win win win and fans turn up lose and mediocrity and fans go missing "find something to do on a Saturday". A lot of fans comment on the £12 pound match day entry but as we all know if this team was top 3 people would pay the money and no one would be moaning. The entry fee of course voted in by owners. In an ideal world should it be lower? possibly yes its arguable the quality on show is comparable with the WPL and you can pay £7 to watch Cardiff Met for example. Hopefully owners will be offered the opportunity to vote on ticket prices for next season.

Regarding the crowds there is no doubt the old guard are now diminishing on the terraces and there can be no doubt the youngsters are the lifeblood of the club. Full credit to the 20/30 we see roaming around on match days. These lads are the future of the club and we need to welcome and embrace any fans who decide to head to Penydarren Park rather than another club.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:18 pm

I appreciate that Gavin once played at a very good level of football but, this doesn’t guarantee he’ll become a good manager. Many ex- professionals have tried their hands at playing and even managing at non- league levels, (we’ve had our fair share) only to find they can’t hack the trials and tribulations it brings. I believe that he’s still in ‘professional footballer mode’ and thinks he’s done his bit for a match day and so, on to the next etc.etc. But, what a way to start and manage your boyhood town...... Unfortunately, this is where the problem lies. He hasn’t had any previous management/ coaching experience elsewhere, when perhaps he would have benefitted serving his apprenticeship and building up his CV. In my opinion, his current position is too big a task for him and at 39 years old, playing wise, he’s hardly going to set a game alight.
Maybe, he isn’t a very good mixer? But, I feel that he is distancing himself further and further away from the people that matter each passing week and fails miserably with his man management skills.I don’t think he makes three or four statements throughout the season and ‘MTFC 2019/20’ has become another guessing game. We know more about the opposition. I recall serving on the old Supporters Club when the late, great John Charles was manager and what a boost it was to see him enter the room on a Monday night, showing interest in proceedings.
Sometimes we have to hold our hands up and admit, ‘we tried our best, but it wasn’t good enough’ and that’s where I feel Gavin and not forgetting Dean Clarke, are at, especially claiming ‘play off’ ambitions, which let’s be honest, is many bridges out of reach. I also believe that he keeps his players ‘sweet’ and is afraid of losing one, knowingly he’d struggle to attract a replacement.
I was informed recently that, loan signing Yakubu, doesn’t even train with us, due to where he lives. ( Confirmation required from HQ.) Utility player Cambden Duncan, has also departed.(No need for confirmation from HQ.)
Just remember, Gavin accepted the job and must be ‘enjoying his responsibilities’ as his recent contract extension suggests. (Fact?) Wonder how long is left?
On a final note regarding the players budget. We may believe quote, ‘we have the lowest budget in the league’ unquote, but no one really knows this, unless they have access to all the other clubs bankrolls? Anyway, money doesn’t always buy you success, as the now deceased Lyn Jones once testified. Look what he achieved without it.... Onwards and upwards’ although, we may have to put the latter on hold for a while.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Walton casuals - Page 2 Empty Walton casuals

Post  Barneyboy Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:06 am

Martyrmark you had some valid points in your last post,I certainly dont see a playoff place rather a fight to stay up.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:13 am

So frustrating..... Another season over by November, with just a few pounds in the pot to show for it.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2