Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WALTON CASUALS (Away)

3 posters

Go down

WALTON CASUALS (Away) Empty WALTON CASUALS (Away)

Post  martyrmark Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:22 am

Before I set off to the Thames tomorrow, I was wondering how our training sessions went this week and much needed focus on trying to stop the opposition scoring more than three goals, especially in the first forty five minutes? Then I remembered, we need to score more than our opponents to win a game……. Will I witness one, or even both?

martyrmark

Barneyboy and squasher like this post

Back to top Go down

WALTON CASUALS (Away) Empty Re: WALTON CASUALS (Away)

Post  Barneyboy Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:35 am

Well we have a few new players and let a few go so let’s see what happens at the end of the season…..however whichever way you look at it this season has been totally atrocious with us for the drop.
As a few have said many times on this forum that give the manager time or we don’t have the money etc etc etc well 60% of teams in our league have either a similar budget or far less yet look we’re we are finding ourselves.
The players that we have had from start of the season it was management who brought them in and as we now find ourselves we are at the bottom so can the folks who read this forum and make they’re viewpoint how many of you can hand on your hearts say that this management are the right team to improve us and take us forward ?????.
Now don’t get me wrong I’ve been supporting Merthyr for 40yrs and let the rest of us I turn up every week and take myself of to many away games like many but I’ve really struggled to see any rhyme or reason with this season with the whole atmosphere at the club and amongst the players…somethings not right .

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

WALTON CASUALS (Away) Empty Re: Walton Casuals (Away)

Post  hirwaunman Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:25 am

I have no idea how our playing budget compares with other clubs in our division, but I assumed that the priority after last season's mothballing was to ensure that the club remained solvent while our income streams were rebuilt. Consequently, it seemed to me that we would have little to spare for players and would have to rely mostly on youngsters who had to prove themselves, and we have paid a severe price for lack of experience. Whether another manager could have got better results from an inadequate squad remains an open question. But now some more effective players have been brought in, the important question is whether our excellent second-half performance in the game against the Met Police was a one-off, or whether it can be sustained. We must now take three points from any team in the lower half of the table and probably from a few others as well, and if we continue to fail, we shall certainly be relegated. If we can avoid the drop or maybe if we come very close to staying up, the present regime will have earned a second chance, but if we continue to fail miserably, fans will overwhelmingly and rightly demand a change of management if we are to bounce straight back.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:53 am

Thanks for the reply hirwaun and completely agree I just hope that somehow we don’t get relegated but we will see with todays game.
My only fear is the Merthyr crowd is so fickle that should we get relegated the crowd will diminish and all the gains off the pitch that were made this season could possibly fall flat next season but it’s a wait and see .

Barneyboy

hirwaunman and squasher like this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down