Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellis for Heroes

5 posters

Go down

Ellis for Heroes Empty Ellis for Heroes

Post  Boz1964 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:14 am

Ellis is for Heroes

Being one of the few Martyrs who appreciates the skills and passion of the 'National Egg Chasing Team ' I thought I might put a report on to raise a smile on the Forum:-

Teams
Wales
1. Jenkins (not Steve) 2. Baldwin 3. Lee
4.Wyn-Jones. 5. Charteris 6. Lydiate. 7.Warburton. 8 Faletau.
9. Webb 10. Biggar. 11. Williams (not Stevo) 12. Dr Roberts.
13. Davies (not Adam) 14.North 15. Halfpenny.

Ireland
Props: O'Tier & O'Shaft
Hooker : O'Tart
Second rows : O'Leprechaun & O'GiantsCauseway
Flankers : O'Ringer & O'ffside
Scrum Half: Sands
Number 10: Dick Aherne.
Centres: Sheleaghly & McGuinness & Poteen
Wingers: Aer Lingus & Ryan Eire.
Full Back : O'Quasimodo

In front of a capacity crowd of 74,500 at the Millenium Stadium, soon to be the second best sporting stadium in Wales, Wales kicked off in their all red home shirts, available for £39.99 from the WRU shop or Mr Welsh Eggs Dairy Supplies, and Ireland (surprisingly clad in green) promptly dropped one with nerves.

As did the away fan sat next to me.

After paying £85.00 for the ticket, £5.00 for a quality but unusable programme and £4.00 a pint I checked my pocket.

At the same time every Saturday, after paying the Cigge entrance fee, buying three programmes. (losing two of them) , 50/50 tickets, open the box , charity donation bucket collection and Soccalot ....I was now £3.00 up....so I bought half a hot dog...even if I was unhappy with the part of the dog that I got.

Back on the pitch, the hitherto unbeaten Irish team aiming to win the Triple Crown, were colliding with the heavyweight tackling of the Welsh defence which was rock solid on the day.

The Irish second row of 0'Leprechaun was trying desperately to use his 'lucky charms' to prize open the Welsh boys but they were thwarted on every occasion and then conceded a penalty when O'GiantsCauseway was pinged by the English referee- the most popular person in the ground- for not rolling away.

Our Full Back promptly stepped up and slotted home the kick for three points.

The capacity crowd cheered but was drowned out by the sound coming from the 681 Merthyr Fans - as the text on my phone confirmed Adam Davies had scored.

The away fan dressed in a prison outfit, sat next to me continued to ruin the game as he sent a black and white mist from his second hand Guinness farts to obscure my vision of Alyn Wyn Jones living up to his name by stopping the huge Irish pack from attempting to play 'shove Half-penny'.

I turned to him and said lyrically:-

" There was an Old Man from Long Garton,
Whose 'stout' arse wouldn't stop farting,
U need more than McGuinness if you want to Al Wyn this,
Not Paddy I said to 'take him out'
You'll need McGuinness!"

'Feck off!' He replied.

'The name's Doggerel and I am not from Limerick but further South!'

"Well put a Cork in it...I prefer 'top of the morning to you' than 'bottom of the afternoon'!'
said I

On the pitch , Halfpenny proved an even more reliable penalty taker than Ryan Prosser- and the half time score ended try -less at 15-9.

I worked out that it must be half time too at the Cigge , as the River Taff suddenly increased its volume and a scream was heard coming down the Valley . which the text confirmed was my Uncle Gggranville being one number out on the 50/50 halftime draw.

Tactically, on the Millenium pitch Gatland, Edwards & Howley had clearly out foxed the Irish/New Zealand management by the use of their 'scramble' defence - but of course - this is egg chasing after all .

With substitute centre Williams finally picking a hole through the Line of Shamrock Coaches to leave himself 'Scott' -free.

The final score being 23 - 16.

In fairness, this was the best Welsh performance in the six nations I have seen live since the stunning unexpected victory over the Auld Enema England two seasons ago.

To make my day complete , I heard that Merthyr had won at a canter and that Taunton had choked whilst bobbing Evesham apples .

As I bit into my sandwich from Greggs the Bakers....it really did taste like the 'Bread of Evans'.

The Welsh team like Merthyr had played like Heroes.

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Ellis for Heroes Empty Re: Ellis for Heroes

Post  Boz1964 Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:19 am

It should read Martyn' at the end of the Limerick- sorry Typo....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:11 am

Boz1964 wrote:- sorry Typo....Boz
Is that a blood group particular to the Irish? Very Happy
farao
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:48 am

Good one Nubs....glad to see my humour has not been in 'vein'....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  CF34martyr Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:37 am

Boz1964 wrote:Ellis is for Heroes

Being one of the few Martyrs who appreciates the skills and passion of the 'National Egg Chasing Team ' I thought I might put a report on to raise a smile on the Forum:-

Teams
Wales
1. Jenkins (not Steve) 2. Baldwin 3. Lee
4.Wyn-Jones. 5. Charteris 6. Lydiate. 7.Warburton. 8 Faletau.
9. Webb 10. Biggar. 11. Williams (not Stevo) 12. Dr Roberts.
13. Davies (not Adam) 14.North 15. Halfpenny.

Ireland
Props: O'Tier & O'Shaft
Hooker : O'Tart
Second rows : O'Leprechaun & O'GiantsCauseway
Flankers : O'Ringer & O'ffside
Scrum Half: Sands
Number 10: Dick Aherne.
Centres: Sheleaghly &  McGuinness & Poteen  
Wingers: Aer Lingus & Ryan Eire.
Full Back : O'Quasimodo

In front of a capacity crowd of 74,500 at the Millenium Stadium, soon to be the second best sporting stadium in Wales, Wales kicked off in their all red home shirts, available for £39.99 from the WRU shop or Mr Welsh Eggs Dairy Supplies, and Ireland (surprisingly clad in green) promptly dropped one with nerves.

As did the away fan sat next to me.

After paying £85.00 for the ticket, £5.00 for a quality but unusable programme and £4.00 a pint I checked my pocket.

At the same time every Saturday, after paying the Cigge entrance fee, buying three programmes. (losing two of them) , 50/50 tickets, open the box , charity donation bucket collection and Soccalot ....I was now £3.00 up....so I bought half a hot dog...even if I was unhappy with the part of the dog that I got.

Back on the pitch, the hitherto unbeaten Irish team aiming to win the Triple Crown, were colliding with the heavyweight tackling of the Welsh defence which was rock solid on the day.

The Irish second row of 0'Leprechaun was trying desperately to use his 'lucky charms' to prize open the Welsh boys but they were thwarted on every occasion and then conceded a penalty when O'GiantsCauseway was pinged by the English referee- the most popular person in the ground- for not rolling away.

Our Full Back promptly stepped up and slotted home the kick for three points.

The capacity crowd cheered but was drowned out by the sound coming from the 681 Merthyr Fans - as the text on my phone confirmed Adam Davies had scored.

The away fan dressed in a prison outfit, sat next to me continued to ruin the game as he sent a black and white mist from his second hand Guinness farts to obscure my vision of Alyn Wyn Jones living up to his name by stopping the huge Irish pack from attempting to play 'shove Half-penny'.

I turned to him and said lyrically:-

" There was an Old Man from Long Garton,
Whose 'stout' arse wouldn't stop farting,
U need more than McGuinness if you want to Al Wyn this,
Not Paddy I said to 'take him out'
You'll need McGuinness!"

'Feck off!' He replied.

'The name's  Doggerel and I am not from Limerick but further South!'

"Well put a Cork in it...I prefer 'top of the morning to you' than 'bottom of the afternoon'!'
said I

On the pitch , Halfpenny proved an even more reliable penalty taker than Ryan Prosser- and the half time score ended try -less at 15-9.

I worked out that it must be half time too at the Cigge , as the River Taff suddenly increased its volume and a scream was heard coming down the Valley . which the text confirmed was my Uncle Gggranville being one number out on the 50/50 halftime draw.

Tactically, on the Millenium pitch Gatland, Edwards & Howley had clearly out foxed the Irish/New Zealand management by the use of their 'scramble' defence - but of course - this is egg chasing after all .

With substitute centre Williams finally picking a hole through the Line of Shamrock Coaches to leave himself 'Scott' -free.

The final score being 23 - 16.

In fairness, this was the best Welsh performance in the six nations I have seen live since the stunning unexpected victory over the Auld Enema England two seasons ago.

To make my day complete , I heard that Merthyr had won at a canter and that Taunton had choked whilst bobbing Evesham apples .

As I bit into my sandwich from Greggs the Bakers....it really did taste like the 'Bread of Evans'.

The Welsh team like Merthyr had played like Heroes.

Well I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the rugby, I can equally report that you also missed a home grown Championship chasing team performing brilliantly on our own hallowed turf,albeit  artificial.

Perhaps it's not the correct sort of forum to post match reports on egg chasing, Merthyr RFC may be a better option.
No doubt the 200 or so absentees from the last few home matches will be once again traipsing up Park Terrace in a couple of weeks ,when there's nothing better to watch on a Saturday afternoon than football.

The figures for our gate yesterday  on the Southern League website seem to be a little out of touch with reality too,as my estimate is there were 400 there at the most?  

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:53 am

Good idea CF34 Martyr...perhaps a migration to other forums might be option but in reality when have my previous posts had ANYTHING to do with real football ?.....normal service will be resumed when we travel to Shortwood next week....I wonder if there is tree-hugging forum I can find for that one?....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  CF34martyr Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:33 am

[quote="Boz1964"]Good idea CF34 Martyr...perhaps a migration to other forums might be option but in reality when have my previous posts had ANYTHING to do with real football ?.."

Haha, very true,and succinctly put.

unfortunately,you also missed probably the best individual goal that I've seen at the Park for many a season,so well done Adam. His entry on Titter says it all.

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:56 am

Glad for the lad...But in view of your post....I worry about the Forums HE visits....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:31 am

CF34martyr wrote:
The figures for our gate yesterday  on the Southern League website seem to be a little out of touch with reality too,as my estimate is there were 400 there at the most?  

There certainly didn't seem to be as many there as for the Bridgwater game when the attendance was given as 604
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am

Glad you got through yesterday, Boz - it must have been murder watching that odd shaped ball game. The burgers at Shortwood are par excellence so they'll certainly be better than the hot mongrel you had in the big city yesterday.

Welcome back!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  CF34martyr Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:04 am

Boz1964 wrote:Glad for the lad...But in view of your post....I worry about the Forums HE visits....Boz

Only just seen the typo.....classic Freudian slip there. DOH!! Laughing

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Well it was a typo that even Frankie Howerd would laugh at....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:41 pm

I must say Jurassic Peat, that I am looking forward to the Shortwood Burgers....if they as half as good as the ones I had in Wimborne then I will be please...Ggggranville put two away in one bite....he was like Mr Wimpy ....looking forward to watching the Champions elect nutmegging our former striker...Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:47 pm

Boz1964 wrote:I must say Jurassic Peat, that I am looking forward to the Shortwood Burgers....if they as half as good as the ones I had in Wimborne then I will be please...Ggggranville put two away in one bite....he was like Mr Wimpy ....looking forward to watching the Champions elect nutmegging our former striker...Boz
Most of our players could run through our former striker's legs without ducking.  He couldn't stop a pig in a passage!  Grrranville will struggle to put 2 Shortwood burgers away and it'll be great to see him try.  A word of warning, the chips aren't the best.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:00 pm

GGGGranville will accept the challenge....Burger King that he is....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content