Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AFC totton v merthyr

+2
Nubs
scamp
6 posters

Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC totton v merthyr

Post  scamp Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:03 am

Lost 2-0. Bracknell won 2-1 at Chesham
We have I think for any play off place well and truly blown it
Realistically we are not good enough to win the play offs so on to next season

scamp

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty Re: AFC totton v merthyr

Post  Nubs Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:08 am

Simple now for next Saturday then. We have to beat relegated Harrow and HOPE that Bracknell lose at home to relegation threatened Hayes & Yeading.
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC tOTTON V Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:18 am

A slight hope but v slight.
Bracknell got a late winner in stoppage time.
A play off game away for Merthyr would be tough anyway.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC tOTTON V Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:48 pm

Only 11 teams lost more games than Merthyr im SL Premier South!
#
Hayes and Yeading need to beat Bracknell on Saturday as they are in a relegation spot. Merthyr host alredy relegated Harrow Borough.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:02 pm

Was lucky enough to get to thr ground early today…spent 2 hrs with the locals having a gargle or 2.
Afc totton supporters told md today that they knew how we would play and how they would counteract us even telling me the likely score line.
Simple fact yes we are a mediiocre side thats easily read with 1 style of play.
We wont get a playoff place.
We need to look at ourselves for next season because if it wasnt for our very good start we would be lower to mid table at best.
What the last 7/8 games have shown me is weve gone backwards not forwards.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC Totton v Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:26 pm

Two good months- August and December! Other five months not so good. Four games with Totton in two seasons and lost them all. Not surprised at the score; we were just hoping Bracknell would lose!!
There needs to be a long hard look at plans for next season. But where can Merthyr get the players from? Several are likely to move on for various reasons, I think.
Does the club have any fund-raising activities for the summer?

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:05 am

A better effort against a play off side, but apart from hitting the post, after that it was huff and puff from there on in. You could just sense that Totton only had to alter their play slightly and we’d open up. We could be playing another 90 mins and still wouldn’t score. Once again, Hill was missing. I don’t think he’s played two consecutive games this season. Surely the management should have considered this? In my opinion, that has been our downfall. No back up striker to Rees, who in comparison and to his credit, (and goal scoring record) I understand has played in every game. Lewis Powell and Tom Hillman departed and not one replacement was found. At that time, we even had Tom Stokes out on loan. I heard yesterday, that Josh Yorwerth hasn’t been seen at the club for a number of weeks, same for Woodiwiss. But, we’ve been used to the guessing game, we’re just asked to pay our way and ‘PACK THE PARK, WE NEED YOU THERE,’ which we’ve done in creditable numbers all season, both home and away. As mentioned, if it wasn’t for our early form, we’d be looking at a mid table position at best, because we aren’t seeing anything like play off form. That’s just 9pts from the last 24pts available. Of course there has been progress on and off the field, but when I travel to other grounds in comparison, I really do scratch my head. I know it’s not quite over yet, but if nothing comes from the final game, it’s a case of ‘we did the damage to ourselves,’ and management ‘stubbornness’ proved costly.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC Totton v Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:21 am

Josh Yorwerth is no longer avalable to play for the club. Of course, he can't go anywhere this season. I think he has something lined up for next term. But there has been no information from the club.I think Hill had an injury on Tiuesday so I  was aware that he probably wouldn't play.
I  assume Liam Angel will be suspended for the last game.
I wouldn't put too many hopes at beating Harrow either, bearing  in mind the defeat at home to Yate Town last season.

Last edited by Tim Drummond on Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:50 am

Need to bare in mind harrow went to second place salsbury two weeks ago and beat them 2-0

scamp

Tim Drummond likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:20 am

We have managed to do the double over just 5 teams. All are placed below 12th position. Hanwell, Swindon Supermarine, Basingstoke, Sholing and Didcot, with the latter two, newcomers to the league this season. 5 teams have done the double over us. Chesham, Gosport, AFC Totton, Bracknell and Winchester. The first 4 mentioned, currently occupy a position in the first 5 places. Says it all really. Just not good enough to compete with those teams, (and others not mentioned.) We shouldn’t be concerned about taking on a side that’s already been relegated, (Harrow) but, that’s how low confidence has become all around.

martyrmark

Tim Drummond likes this post

Back to top Go down

AFC totton v merthyr Empty AFC TOTTON V MERTHYR

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:15 am

if the slim chance now of Merthyr making the play-offs (after being there all season) is realised, they could get a trip to AFC Totton. They have two games left- Plymouth Parkway away and Dorchester away. But Parkway are bidding to esape the drop, and Dorchester have been on a good run, until Saturday.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  timshorts Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:14 pm

Totton had the feel of whoever-scores-first-will-win the way the sides were set up for most of the game. Had the one that clattered against the post in the first half gone in, I don't think we'd have lost, and could have scored more on the break.

All in all, though, compared to last season this has been a huge improvement. Better than I had expected.

timshorts

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down