Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM

4 posters

Go down

MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM Empty MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:12 pm

Hopes of pushing further ahead of the Surrey side were dashed in this 1-1 draw.
The visitors were the better team all-round, and Merthyr had to dig in deep in the second half to make a point. The ball hit the bar, last-gasp saves and blocks were made as fans held their breath. A crowd of 938, the fans responding to a call to support. But it's two points now from three games, and that might prove their downfall.Too many points have been dropped at the Park, as in last season.
They stayed in fifth place with Walton just behind them by a point but The Martyts have a game in hand. The play-offs verdict may go to the last game.

Tim Drummond

Boz1964 likes this post

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM Empty Re: MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM

Post  martyrmark Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:41 pm

Proved today, that we’re a counter attacking team and that second half effort was a real poor one. We were inviting them to play in acres of space, even making the half way line with ease and without any closing down at all. They knew our style of play and changed theirs and caused us all sorts of problems. We’re just unable to do that. Lucky to get a point. So one dimensional. One shot on target in the second half. Nice goal from Hill, but again, he went off injured. He just can’t play back to back games before the dreaded happens.That’s why I keep questioning, why haven’t we strengthened in that area, if we are serious about a play off spot? Ended up once again, having four centre halves on the pitch. Walton play at home against Harrow on Thursday. A win would put them a couple of points ahead of us and I personally think we’ve blown our chance of that final play off spot.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM Empty Horsham Noise

Post  Boz1964 Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:58 pm

Not able to make the game today so can’t comment on the game or style.

ButI think grinding out the draw keeps us the mix which is the best our depleted squad can hope for.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:06 pm

I’d like to use ‘depleted squad’ as an excuse today, but Livermore (suspended for two games) was the only player missing. Woodiwiss who is not a regular, missed out on selection altogether, or was working.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:21 pm

Personally i thought we were the better team for the first 60 min however we were lacking up from ricardo was missing for big parts of the game,gethins height was a bonus but you can see hes slightly off pace and not fully fit.
I dont think we are good enough to keep our playoff position

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR V WALTON AND HERSHAM Empty Depleted Squad

Post  Boz1964 Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:22 pm

Was Kieran Evans there today?

I wasn’t there?

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:35 pm

No, he’s still injured. Hopes for a return in two weeks time.

martyrmark

Boz1964 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down