Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kings Lynn v MERTHYR

+8
rustic
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
scamp
Boz1964
Nubs
Merthyr Imp
MartyrMann
Solihull Martyr
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Kings Lynn v MERTHYR - Page 2 Empty Re: Kings Lynn v MERTHYR

Post  muscles76 Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:18 pm

well done superb point .
looking forward to sat home match now.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Bigbri Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:50 am

A report of yesterdays match off the Kings Lynn site,

King’s Lynn Town 1-1 Merthyr Town.
It was bright opening for Lynn inside the opening minutes when Jacek Zielonka shot wide following good work from Leon Mettam. We had to wait until the twenty first minute for the first shot on target when visiting number ten Keyon Ruffell stung the palms of Alex Street from distance.Minutes later clever play involving Lee Stevenson and Michael Clunan ended with the later testing Garner from just inside the box.
Right on the stroke of half time an untimely slip from Merthyr centre back Gethin Jones allowed time and space to Zielonka who unleashed a curling effort that was again well saved by Garner. Sixty minutes was on the clock when/ we had the first real chance, Ruffell showed a quick turn of pace to et behind the Lynn defence who then played in strike partner McLaggon who could only drag his effort across the face of goal.
Meanwhile up the other end, Garner was called upon to make a save from a Leon Mettam free-kick following a foul on Toby Hilliard. Substitute John Sands then produced the next save from Garner his flicked header was well saved at full strength.
Street was called upon to make the best save of the game when John Brown forced the young Linnets shot stopper Ito a full strength stop that was tipped onto the post. The Linnets deservedly took the lead in the eighty fifth minute, A John Sands cross come shot was well controlled and stroked home by Lee Stevenson.
Deep into the sixth minute of injury time there was drama, Ryan Fryatt was adjudged to have fouled John Brown and received his marching orders at the same time, Substitute Ryan Prosser made no mistake from the spot sending Street the wrong way and making sure that the points at The Walks where shared.
Bigbri
Bigbri

Back to top Go down

Post  Chepstow Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:13 pm

As there's a shortage of reporting from King's Lynn (Where are you, Old Sod?), I thought I'd contribute a few lines.

I don't hold with the view that we need 17 or so new players every pre-season, probably because I don't play Championship Manager. In this case, I think the squad last season was young and inexperienced at this level. So I'm expecting potentially every single one of the players to improve by 10%. No pressure, lads!

In my opinion, at King's Lynn, we were the better team. In the first half, we got to the by-line and I don't think they did. In the second half, we created chances in open play, while they pumped in crosses and shots from corners and free kicks, some of which were harshly awarded.

It's hard at this level, especially away from home, and I think that all of our players pulled their weight. Of the 11 that started, no-one came up short. For me, Jon Brown stood out, getting forward more, but also making interceptions in mid-field. It was Jon that won the penalty that got us the equaliser.

It was a team performance, simple. Scott Barrow deserves a mention for his debut display, and he and all the others looked the part up and down the pitch. We might have come away with nothing, but note that their keeper was the home sponsors' man of the match...So I reckon a point was the least we deserved.

Well done, Gav and co, for getting them playing and believing again.

Come back Old Sod, all is forgiven. How does he do it?!

Chepstow

Back to top Go down

Kings Lynn v MERTHYR - Page 2 Empty At the Races

Post  Boz1964 Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:08 am

Well done Chepstow, nice to see some new blood on the forum and a decent report for us 'old timers' to read.

You can't beat first hand eye witness testimony and glad to see some of the unsung heroes getting a mention....

Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:18 am

Chepstow wrote:As there's a shortage of reporting from King's Lynn (Where are you, Old Sod?), I thought I'd contribute a few lines.

I don't hold with the view that we need 17 or so new players every pre-season, probably because I don't play Championship Manager. In this case, I think the squad last season was young and inexperienced at this level. So I'm expecting potentially every single one of the players to improve by 10%. No pressure, lads!

In my opinion, at King's Lynn, we were the better team. In the first half, we got to the by-line and I don't think they did. In the second half, we created chances in open play, while they pumped in crosses and shots from corners and free kicks, some of which were harshly awarded.

It's hard at this level, especially away from home, and I think that all of our players pulled their weight. Of the 11 that started, no-one came up short. For me, Jon Brown stood out, getting forward more, but also making interceptions in mid-field. It was Jon that won the penalty that got us the equaliser.

It was a team performance, simple. Scott Barrow deserves a mention for his debut display, and he and all the others looked the part up and down the pitch. We might have come away with nothing, but note that their keeper was the home sponsors' man of the match...So I reckon a point was the least we deserved.

Well done, Gav and co, for getting them playing and believing again.

Come back Old Sod, all is forgiven. How does he do it?!

With the aid of my trusty Dickyphone Chepstow. Unfortunately I couldn't make Saturday but hopefully abnormal service will be resumed soon. Great to see we played so well and it seems a point was the least we deserved.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:55 am

I wouldn't call a point nothing,but it is nice to hear they played well.thanks cheps

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Chepstow Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:49 am

My poor English, Rustic. A point is definitely a point. What I meant was it could easily have been nothing, as we had gone behind to a late goal, before the late, late equaliser. Even then there was a chance for a late, late, late winner.

Chepstow

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2