Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lease Signed

4 posters

Go down

Lease Signed Empty Lease Signed

Post  liamtoomey Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:11 am

Monday 23rd March 2015 saw Merthyr Town FC officials along with officials from Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council complete the signing of the lease to Penydarren Park.
The signing of the lease was the final legal formality to complete before the £1.8m development of Penydarren Park which sees the club working in partnership with Welsh Government through their Vibrant and Viable Places programme, can begin.

The grant will fund the creation of a new Community Multi-Functional Facility and enable refurbishment of the current clubhouse and the stands surrounding the pitch.

The provision this grant and the resulting development of the facilities at Penydarren Park will enable Merthyr Town FC to provide excellent sporting, educational, training, recreational and banqueting facilities for the whole community Merthyr Tydfil for decades to come.

“I am extremely pleased that now the lease has been signed to Merthyr Town Football Club, work can begin on creating a new community facility at Penydarren Park, thanks to £1.8m of funding from Welsh Government through its Vibrant and Viable Paces Programme. The new facility should considerably increase the usage of Penydarren Park and support the economic sustainability of the Club’s activities, as well as developing the club’s relationship with local business and social groups and increasing the club’s involvement with the wider Merthyr Tydfil Community.” Were the words of Council Leader Brendan Toomey when questioned on the signing of the lease.

Merthyr Town FC’s VVP Project Implementation Manager had this to say, “The club would like to thank the continued support of Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council, as this funding will enable Merthyr Town Football Club, a supporters run club, to be a true asset of the community.”

The club hopes to make an announcement on the appointment of the main contractor very soon.

liamtoomey

Back to top Go down

Lease Signed Empty Re: Lease Signed

Post  Solihull Martyr Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Great news!

I understand the Chairman said: "I'm very pleased"...
... followed by: "I'm very pleased"!! #Meurig!

Seriously - well done to all involved.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:30 pm

Congratulations to everyone involved in finalising the legal issues surrounding the project. I know that it has involved a huge amount of work by club officers, council officials and our legal rep.

I look forward to things moving forward very soon.

John Strand

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:51 am

Admin wrote:Congratulations to everyone involved in finalising the legal issues surrounding the project. I know that it has involved a huge amount of work by club officers, council officials and our legal rep.

I look forward to things moving forward very soon.

John Strand

Second that, well done to all involved.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down