Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Club shop update

+17
Benji
Solihull Martyr
Nubs
GordonTheGopher
The hairy one
DowlaisBoy
Old Sod
Boz1964
MattMartyr87
cliffyboy
Tim Drummond
Admin
Taffia
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
Mountain Ash
MartyrMann
Club Shop
21 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Re: Club shop update

Post  DowlaisBoy Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:37 am

I was in the club shop before the game today and it was very busy, which was good to see. Question I have is regarding the stock that is available on a match day, I think it would be great if there was more available (Shirts, Jackets, Hoodies etc) i'm not sure how possible this would be but i think they would sell well on matchdays. Just a suggestion and maybe something to look at for next season.

DowlaisBoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:34 pm

DowlaisBoy wrote:I was in the club shop before the game today and it was very busy, which was good to see. Question I have is regarding the stock that is available on a match day, I think it would be great if there was more available (Shirts, Jackets, Hoodies etc) i'm not sure how possible this would be but i think they would sell well on matchdays. Just a suggestion and maybe something to look at for next season.

I think the problem is that if we overbuy then we are stuck with stock at the end of the season and we would lose money. The shop carries a sample of the goodies on offer which can be purchased either by placing an order in the shop or ordering direct from LCL - http://www.lclwear.co.uk/ where you can pay by card. I'm sure you could try on items in the shop to check sizes etc.

In an ideal world it would be great if the Club Shop could stock everything in various sizes but logistically it may not be possible although this is not my field of expertise and am open to correction.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  DowlaisBoy Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:40 pm

Old Sod wrote:
DowlaisBoy wrote:I was in the club shop before the game today and it was very busy, which was good to see. Question I have is regarding the stock that is available on a match day, I think it would be great if there was more available (Shirts, Jackets, Hoodies etc) i'm not sure how possible this would be but i think they would sell well on matchdays. Just a suggestion and maybe something to look at for next season.

I think the problem is that if we overbuy then we are stuck with stock at the end of the season and we would lose money.  The shop carries a sample of the goodies on offer which can be purchased either by placing an order in the shop or ordering direct from LCL - http://www.lclwear.co.uk/ where you can pay by card.  I'm sure you could try on items in the shop to check sizes etc.

In an ideal world it would be great if the Club Shop could stock everything in various sizes but logistically it may not be possible although this is not my field of expertise and am open to correction.

Yeah that's fair enough, I'm no expert either but just a suggestion. I did place a order while in there on a jacket and was told it will take a month.

DowlaisBoy

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Club Shop

Post  Club Shop Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:57 am

We try to stock shirts in all sizes all of the time but to stock jackets and hoodies in various sizes isn't possible as we wouldn't sell them all and would lose money selling them off cheaply at the end of the season. There is a good demand for shirts but less so for leisure wear. For example, a number of leisure wear items were ordered in September and several home games later most are still in stock.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Club Shop Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Yeah that's fair enough, I'm no expert either but just a suggestion. I did place a order while in there on a jacket and was told it will take a month.[/quote]

Yes, unfortunately orders can take up to a month as we order weekly from LCL Wear who then have to order the items from Uhlsport, wait for these to be sent back to LCL before being embroidered and delivered to us so it's a fairly long winded process.

The margins on all items are only a few pounds so we're not in a position to buy in a selection of everything available due to the risk of being left with them at the end of the season and making a loss. Also, it can be quicker to order directly from LCL Wear especially if there's a gap in home games.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Club Shop Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:17 am

We've had a couple of enquiries for golf umbrellas recently. Based on the quotes we've had we would have to sell them for £20 each. Would you pay this amount if umbrellas were available or do you think it's too steep?
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:54 pm

I will have one ....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  The hairy one Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:58 am

What a brolly good idea!
The hairy one
The hairy one

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Club Shop open tonight

Post  Club Shop Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:17 am

The shop will be open from 7.15pm tonight and at half time. We've still got some of the new black and white scarves and the black hats in stock, both with club badge on. All £7 each.

We've also got some new pens on sale tonight for only £1. Bargain!

There are also loads of old programmes for only 5p each, many from the early 90's.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Pennants

Post  Club Shop Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:57 am

We've got new pennants on sale this Saturday for £5 each. These were something a number of supporters requested when we did the survey at the start of the season.

Plus we've got MTFC pens on sale and the usual hats, scarves, car stickers, Dial M mugs and t-shirts, badges, books and more!
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Club Shop open tonight

Post  Club Shop Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:01 am

The shop will be open this evening and we've got home and away kits in stock in all sizes. With all purchases over £5 you can get a free pen or car sticker - just for tonight!
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Sunday 21st December

Post  Club Shop Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:38 am

The club shop will be open from 12-1pm this Sunday for any last minute Christmas purchases and to collect anything ordered over the last few weeks.

We've got home and away kits in most sizes. Adults are £37 and children's £27.

Scarves and hats are £7 each, pennants £5, pens £1, car stickers, MTFC books £5, Dial M t-shirts £12, Dial M mugs £5 and badges £3.

We'll be open on Boxing Day too (no sale though sorry!).  

We've had a bit more interest on the umbrellas so we'll look at getting some in stock in the new year plus some ties and key rings. If there's anything else you would like to see on sale let us know.

Thanks for all of your support in 2014. Have a great Christmas and New Year! #Martyrs
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Keep up the good work lads!!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty eBay

Post  Club Shop Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:52 am

We are now selling scarves and hats on eBay:

Scarves: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Merthyr-Town-FC-black-and-white-scarf-/161569242703?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item259e46fe4f

Hats: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Merthyr-Town-FC-black-hat-/161575811707?pt=UK_SportsMemorabilia_Football_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item259eab3a7b

We've also got some new stock on the way which we'll announce soon. All I can say is don't buy any Easter eggs with mugs yet!
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:26 am

I am sure these won't get the only cups arriving at the CiggE come May...Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:19 pm

Oh I do hope you are right, we don't want to be left with egg on our face this year.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  The hairy one Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:36 am

GordonTheGopher wrote:Oh I do hope you are right, we don't want to be left with egg on our face this year.

All white guys. Enough of the egg yokes. Looks like I'll have to shell out for a new mug!
The hairy one
The hairy one

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 am

A cracking offer

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Clutch ing at straws now boys....time to give it a nest....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  The hairy one Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 am

Boz1964 wrote:Clutch ing at straws now boys....time to give it a nest....Boz

Are you chickening out from more puns?
The hairy one
The hairy one

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:14 am

After all this I'm now in a fowl mood!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Nubs Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:35 am

What items of clothing are you going to sell next?

Shell Suits?
farao
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:52 am

As long as nobody poached any of my puns, I'm happy!

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:52 am

I must say that these puns are nothing to crow about ....I hope the Administrator doesn't decide to Pullet off the forum...Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Club shop update - Page 2 Empty Tomorrow

Post  Club Shop Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 am

We've got new club ties on sale tomorrow in the shop. £11 each.

The new mugs are on their way too and will be on sale on March 14th when we play Tiverton.
Club Shop
Club Shop

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next