Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return to Penydarren?

3 posters

Go down

Return to Penydarren? Empty Return to Penydarren?

Post  ComradeBT Sun May 01, 2011 10:48 am

As a fan of non-league football (and founder of a re-born club in the pyramid), I try to keep up-to-date with events concerning the plight of fellow non-league clubs. I've been keeping touch with your results this season as the newly formed Merthyr Town FC and wish to congratulate all at the club in winning the Western League Division One title - well done to you all!

Will your current ground situation allow promotion to the Premier Division and what are the prospects of returning to play at the home of football in Merthyr at Penydarren Park?

Ben (founder of Berkhamsted FC)

ComradeBT

Back to top Go down

Return to Penydarren? Empty Re: Return to Penydarren?

Post  Merthyr Imp Sun May 01, 2011 10:55 am

Thanks.

The club will be back playing at Penydarren Park again for next season. There is no problem with ground grading, as it was said recently that Penydarren Park still satisfies the conditions for the Southern League Premier Division standard.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Return to Penydarren? Empty Return to Penydarren?

Post  CF48 MARTYR Sun May 01, 2011 11:03 am

Yes thanks for your kind words.

We thankfully are able to return to Penydarren Park next season, as Imp said the ground was graded last year (I believe), the grading lasts for 3 years and it was acceptable up to Southern League Standard so there will be no problem is us playing in the league above this one.

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Return to Penydarren? Empty Re: Return to Penydarren?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down