Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulton Rovers

5 posters

Go down

Paulton Rovers Empty Paulton Rovers

Post  swansea100 Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:54 am

Hi All,

I am Swansea City fan, who has been attending Merthyr home matches over the last six months. I have really enjoyed some of the football played by the Martyrs, in particular the second half display against Poole, where the players showed great determination. I am looking to attend my first away game this Saturday & was wondering whether there is room on the bus & where it is leaving from tomorrow? I am working in London for the rest of the day & will be check the messageboard this afternoon. How much is the bus? thanks robert

swansea100

Back to top Go down

Paulton Rovers Empty Re: Paulton Rovers

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:19 am

I expect details for travel arrangements will appear here later, probably from CF48 Martyr. Paulton is between Bristol and Bath, so a fairly short trip from Merthyr. I think it's an old mining area.
I shall be there!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:36 am

Tim Drummond wrote: Paulton is between Bristol and Bath, so a fairly short trip from Merthyr. I think it's an old mining area.

From the match programme for our home game with Paulton last October:

'Paulton is a large village in Somerset, with a population of 4,896, located to the north of the Mendip Hills 10 miles south west of Bath.
The area has been settled since the Bronze Age, and there are also Roman remains, suggesting there has been a settlement there for over 4000 years
Initially the area was primarily agricultural, but then open cast coal mining developed, and by the mid 18th century the advent of steam power enabled rapid expansion of the collieries with related industries such as the iron foundry. All of the Paulton mines had closed by 1966.
Paulton was the location of the first Great Mills DIY store, and the company's head office was located adjacent to the store.'

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Paulton Rovers Empty Paulton Rovers

Post  CF48 MARTYR Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:22 am

Hi Robert, give me a ring or a text on 07852950486 to book a seat.

The coach will depart from the Merthyr Tydfil Law Courts leaving at 11.30am, and the coach will return at 5.30pm.

Cheers

Richard Bennett

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Dial M For Merthyr Zine Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I hope you enjoyed your trip to Paulton today mate. A decent ground with a good clubhouse and a great welcome from the locals. A bit of a gradient on the pitch though. Good 2nd half performance by the lads and we nearly got a point out of the game. Hopefully see you at Didcot.

Dial M For Merthyr Zine

Back to top Go down

Paulton Rovers Empty Hey

Post  swansea100 Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:08 am

Hi all,

i really enjoyed yesterday, you have a good fan base, which is very welcoming. i look forward to seeing you all on tuesday. rob

swansea100

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down