Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HOME GAME SAT 18 FEB

4 posters

Go down

HOME GAME SAT 18 FEB Empty HOME GAME SAT 18 FEB

Post  Guest Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:57 am

Next Saturday we play Elmore in the Les Phillips Cup.

The draw for the quarter final will be held at Penydarren Park after that game.

All spectators are required to pay for this cup match, including season ticket holders. Charges will be £5 for adults and £3 for over 65s. Children under 16 are free.

Back to top Go down

HOME GAME SAT 18 FEB Empty Re: HOME GAME SAT 18 FEB

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 pm

And the next first team game is not for another three weeks after that, so this is a great chance to see a bit of football!

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Yes, and we don't want people staying away and saying it wasn't a League game.
When Merthyr played Wells City in round one of The Les Phillips Cup on November 12, there was a pathetic gate of 163, by far the worst this season.
Elmore are treating it as a big game and hope to bring some fans with them.Merthyr must show it's a big fixture for them too!
Three weeks since the last game (assuming next weekend's weather relents) and let's hope supporters want to be there. It's the last chance to win a Cup competition this season.
The last home game was called off, so I am sure the club will need all the income they can get.
No good saying:It was only the League Cup! The players will have to be paid the same wages as usual, it will be the same utility bills for the club to pay etc.
And the players will be expected to show the same commitment as usual. The fans must show the same and get behind the team and keep up the momentum!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:37 pm

The game against Wells in the last round was played on the same day as the Wales versus Norway friendly at Cardiff.

I saw more than a dozen Martyrs fans at the Cardiff City Stadium that day and there were probably more in other parts of the ground.

It's difficult competing against international soccer when Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Craig Bellamy are in a winning streak.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:46 pm

I appreciate that fact and that Merthyr kicked off early. But I know where I was on that day- watching Merthyr and then taking in the second half of another local game.
I still saw the end of the international on TV.
If the Wales game was the main problem that day, there shouldn't be too many excuses next Saturday. And admission is cheaper than for a League game, albeit that season ticket holders have to pay.
You can always record a Wales game on TV but miss a Merthyr game and you have missed it for ever!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:45 pm

Wandering wrote:The game against Wells in the last round was played on the same day as the Wales versus Norway friendly at Cardiff.

I saw more than a dozen Martyrs fans at the Cardiff City Stadium that day and there were probably more in other parts of the ground.

It's difficult competing against international soccer when Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey, Craig Bellamy are in a winning streak.

Cardiff City are away next Sat and the rugby boys don't have a game

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down