Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR SAINTS

5 posters

Go down

MERTHYR  SAINTS Empty MERTHYR SAINTS

Post  scamp Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:49 am

I see on another posting there might be a friendly with m saints on thursday .Can someone confirm this and what time etc . Nothing on club website ?

scamp

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR  SAINTS Empty MERTHYR SAINTS

Post  CF48 MARTYR Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 am

I would look again, its definately on there I saw it this morning

(for the avoidance of doubt its on the bottom of the page underneath the Hallen report)

Spread the word

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR  SAINTS Empty Re: MERTHYR SAINTS

Post  scamp Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:15 am

YES found it now .I did not read the match report because there was enough information on the forum about the hallen game.Might have been better perhaps if the friendly was itemised on its own as i only came to know about the friendly through a thread on the nos gallen run by harry swift

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 pm

Although the hard core of fans do attend such friendlies, they are basically a work-out for the players and a chance to experiment rather than meant to be for the supporters!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:43 pm

If the friendlys are for experimental purposes only and not for supporters why does the club encourage them to come along like advertising the last friendly in the echoe and m express i'e perthcelyn .This being m saints and their success in the welsh cup i would have thought this would be an attractive fixture anyway

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I think what Tim Drummond means is that rather than the kind of friendly match, like some of the pre-season ones, that is arranged to give supporters a chance to see interesting opposition as well as give the team a run out, this and the last one are being put on solely for the team's benefit. I'm guessing they're mainly to give Matthew Harris a bit of match practice.

I think allowing supporters in is secondary in these cases. Is/was it free admission for both?Perhaps it was at too short notice to get much publicity, especially with it being Christmas.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:09 pm

I think we all appreciate that we must look at the friendlys being arranged now diffrently to those of pre season and they are more than useful in keeping the players fitness up in the long gaps between games during the festive season .But i think it is important to encourage all supporters to pp for a financial purpose irrespective to what is on display if it means them spending a few bob on raffle tickets candac suite or whatever particularly during these winter months

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:11 pm

I know that the main purpose of the Perthcelyn friendly was to give Matthew Harris a run-out. And probably likewise the Merthyr Saints encounter.
I would estimate that about 60 attended the Perthcelyn match. Quite a number were from Perthcelyn. I woudn't say that it was ADVERTISED in the Merthyr Express; it was mentioned by the person who wrote the article to provide information on the club in that the newspaper no longer has a sports reporter. That would be useful knowledge regardless of whether fans attended or not.
It was free admission, there wasn't a raffle but some income would have been generated at the Candac Suite, which is always useful.
These games also give a run-out to players not regularly playing week by week. I suggested myself that friendlies against Welsh League clubs etc would be useful for such purposes following the Welsh Cup tie with Barry Town.
As The Imp says, allowing supporters into such matches is secondary. They are encouraged to attend to maintain their interest in the club etc but the games are not primarily arranged for the fans.And I don't think anyone will be expecting a big crowd for such games!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:04 am

These games amount to training sessions and are being arranged at very short notice by the team management.

Volunteers at the club have therefore devoted their time to the many other activities involved in the club's administration.

New volunteers always welcome.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down