Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN

2 posters

Go down

DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN Empty DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:10 am

FULLER, RYAN-PHILLIPS, HANDLEY, SMERDON, HARRIS,JOHN, LIVERMORE, THOMAS, TWAMLEY, EVANS, REES. SUBS COGMAN, ANGEL, MEHEW, TANA JONES. Just four on the  bench.
Tom Handley puts Merthyr ahead. 1-1 then Alex John restores Merthyr lead Dorchester score twice to lead 3-2.FT Dorchester 3 Merthyr 2. Martyrs lose two successive games versus basement sides and let in six goals.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN Empty Re: DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN

Post  martyrmark Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:46 am

As stated, two defeats and six goals (including three in five minutes today!) shipped in against basement opposition, who I expect raised their games against us, due to their and our circumstances. Still, obviously not good enough all round. Four on the bench, including an academy player, who let’s be honest and no disrespect to him, was just there to make the numbers up. The writing on the wall has been there for a while now, ever since we released a handful of the squad and there hasn’t been one new face added to bolster the numbers. I understand the management team having faith in a squad that they have, but surely they can see we haven’t got a competitive one anymore. They know that defender Rhodes will be missing for a long period (and it has been said, he is unable to play regularly due to his injuries,) also the recent return of forward Hill, as now turned sour, with another injury setback. Rees has been in fine form and we really struggle when he’s not on the scoresheet and I think there’s too much on his shoulders each game, without support around him. I expect Paul Michael to take responsibility for his actions of late, (he’s usually fair like that,) but I wish he wouldn’t be so stubborn and start mixing the squad with a few new recruits to freshen things up. (Defender and striker in my opinion.) As I have stated previously, finger crossing from game to game is not the best outcome.

martyrmark

Tim Drummond likes this post

Back to top Go down

DORCHESTER V MERTHYR TOWN Empty Dorchwster Town v Merthyr

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:47 pm

The squad, and more or less the starting line-up, pick themselves at present. I think apart from today's players on duty, there are only Hill, Rhodes and Woodiwiss missing,
A few more injuries or players unavailable, and the picture will look even worse.
I agree there is a need for a central defender, a striker, and possibly a midfielder. I don't know if there have been any players targeted to sign.
If there is a serious bid to make the play-offs (with the hopes of winning) something needs to be done soon, in my opinion, There are seven games left at home and nine away. There are trips to Gosport and Chesham (the latter on a Tuesday)in February, and Salisbury in March. The home displays are so inconsistent, we can't say it's Didcot home on Saturday so we should beat them! it's rather puzzling!

Tim Drummond

martyrmark likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Jan 20, 2024 2:20 pm

It’ll be interesting to hear a post match interview from any of the management team. Obviously, they won’t be happy again with today’s result and more so, conceding a five minute hat-trick, proving my point that we are so disorganised, especially defensively. I stated earlier, that Rees has been outstanding, but when he’s not on the scoresheet there’s no back up. More concerning is, if he gets a knock and spends any time on the sidelines, we’ll be in bigger bother. We have no divine right to win every game, even against basement teams, but we have brought this hiccup on ourselves. As Tim mentioned, we have games against top positioned teams coming up and if we can’t pick from a squad of at least 18, then eyebrows should be raised. They want people to come and continue their support, but you know what happens when they don’t get nothing in return.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down