Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v Swindon supermarine

5 posters

Go down

Merthyr v Swindon supermarine Empty Merthyr v Swindon supermarine

Post  scamp Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:52 pm

Lost 2-0 away tonight
Swindon scored in 9th and 94 th minute
Powell was sent off in 90th minute
Being one of weaker teams in league I thought we might get a result tonight
No good moaning I suppose we all now where the fault lies

scamp

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Swindon supermarine Empty Re: Merthyr v Swindon supermarine

Post  martyrmark Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:56 pm

There’s a saying, ‘silence is golden’ but, in the case of Merthyr Town FC it’s, now a ‘darker shade of s**t..’ Tonight, we travelled to yet another village. This time it was South Marston, with a population of under 1,000, where Swindon Supermarine play their home games. Well, I suppose it was better to have a league game rather than just go through the motions on a training night. Then I realised that, if we’d lose again, it would put us nearer relegation. I should by now, be accepting the position we find ourselves in but, I still can’t get over how it’s been allowed to happen and for such a prolonged period? Apart from the injured Yakubu, we had a full squad so, that’s one excuse that can’t be used. Playing on grass perhaps? No, that happens for around 50% of the season. Unprepared for a dry February night? I suppose the management will have to dig deep to find an original one of their own, even at this stage of proceedings. Another goal conceded in under 10 minutes and our first attempt on goal coming on 37 minutes. On the home side’s Twitter, it stated ‘a brave effort by the visitors without troubling our ‘keeper.’ That’ll get you results won’t it? I must say, the layers of skin on Clarke and Williams are getting thicker each game. I really don’t know, what they are trying to prove? Reminder to them and the board……. 2 wins in 32 games and counting.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:10 am

The result doesn’t surprise me in the slightest,the fact that management are still employed doesn’t surprise me at all,I’m more shocked by the clubs lack of dialogue about our state of play on the field and how we have 11 headless chickens running around not knowing what to do or what direction to play and sadly that’s all down to management or it could be that we employ 11 hard of hearing players but whatever it it the results are absolutely disgraceful to say the least.
I wish someone would buy this club because it goes from one fiasco into the next!!

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Swindon supermarine Empty Merthyr v Swindon supermarine

Post  merthyr rising Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:30 am

Another midweek game, another midweek defeat. And further and further adrift we get. Two wins in 32 games, totally embarrassing. I would normally subscribe to the 'you got us into this mess, now get us out of it' school of thought, but not in the situation we now find ourselves in. It really is (long overdue) time to remove the management team, even if it means for the time being one or 2 senior players taking over in the absence of any experienced, able or willing external candidates. Otherwise, we're just stuck on this same old, same old repeating pattern, and loyalty works both ways. The club has shown extraordinary loyalty to Dean Clarke and Steve Williams, both great servants to the club. But when they are palpably not cutting it, and we're in our worst playing record ever of any century plus long manifestation of our great club, then there's also a loyalty owed to us supporters, with many of us long term attendees of matches, owners, soccalot subscribers, contributors to playing budgets etc. Fans are now staying away and (I know from otherwise regulars) it's not because of televised rugby. They're just mightily fed up with the predictability of the fare served up and the consequent loss after loss. And when we get relegated, and should the same regime be in place for next season, there's absolutely no reason to believe it'll be any better. There'll be a carousel ride of summer comings and goings and it will start all over again with incoherent team selections, one dimensional tactics with no ability to respond to match situations and, maybe, so so results given that it will be at a lower level of competition. Please, relevant board members, do something/anything now if only (topical note) to prevent further punishment to my (virtual) cat.

merthyr rising

Barneyboy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:59 am

Same here Merthyr rising,every home came and quite a few away games I drive from Swansea with 4 mates and now it’s just myself and boy who attend and simple fact is yes the crowd is fickle but also people don’t want to spend money watching a result that you could call before a ball is kicked.as for myself I’m a gluten for punishment I just turn up week after week hoping for miracles

Barneyboy

hirwaunman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:51 am

We probably have the worst playing record in non league football.why the board have not taken the nessary steps to rectify things I just do not know.perhaps their hands are tied and Clark and Williams are under contract.They have given plenty of time that is Clarky to get it right and no doubt they have tried their best but how they can go on like this week by week they must have skin as thick as a crocodile.The club seem to be ticking over off the field and those responsible should be given praise.As far as football side of things the whole structure need to be altered.The concept of fan ownership has served us well over the years but like all committees they can be very fickle and come and go as they please.let hope we have a new influx of new faces on the board which is easier said than done with present nominations coming up.Perhaps the time has come to revert back to a board of directors which is not fan based.Being business men or women they might not shy off in making decisions
Perhaps now we took the plunge to be fan ownership this might not be possible
Having a sub committee who would deal only with football side of things and this committee who would have the know how of how to make the right decisions as far as the playing side of the club is concerned could be useful
If any of present board have ideas of us playing in lower reaches of welsh league football as an easy way out then they should look at clubs elsewhere to join.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:07 am

Perhaps HQ don’t want to upset our current ‘Legends’ before hosting yet another ‘Legends Night,’ which is due to take place soon. It’s becoming pathetic now, as soon as a player wears a Martyr’s shirt, they instantly become ‘Legends.’ That’s part of the problem, as the club are living in the past and there isn’t any positive talk of a plan or ambition.
Here is a prime example, it’s a ‘Tweet’ from one of our Board members and it came after the team’s latest debacle. It reads…… ‘top quality food tonight - the pasty was worth the trip. Fantastic service in the clubhouse too. Diolch’ So glad he enjoyed his evening. That pretty much sums up everything.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Dial M For Merthyr Zine Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:05 am

Match report from last night:

https://moonrakerfootball.wordpress.com/2022/02/09/marine-beat-battling-martyrs/

Dial M For Merthyr Zine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down