Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12

3 posters

Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12 Empty MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:21 am

Game OFF due to a waterlogged pitch.

Happy Christmas shopping y'all!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12 Empty Re: MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:51 am

No surprise it's off.. but I was looking forward to it. Still, I don't think there would have been a large gate, unfortunately, at this time of the year.
Christmas greetings to all Merthyr supporters of present and past. Those who have stayed away over the years, for various reasons, a part of them is nevertheless floating around Penydarren Park. Well done to those who have kept the faith. A good New Year's present for the hard-working board would be to see a boost in the gates and see the return of some stalwart supporters.
Well done to the managers, staff and players so far this season. Lots of matches to play!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12 Empty Re: MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine 22/12

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:56 am

Tim Drummond wrote:No surprise it's off.. I don't think there would have been a large gate, unfortunately, at this time of the year.

Yes, we tend to get smaller gates for midweek games, but I don't suppose the attendance for the match when it is eventually played on a Tuesday night will be much different to what we would have got today - on a rainy last Saturday before Christmas.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:43 am

Only Hungerford v Bridgwater in our division not postponed today (so far).

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:23 am

For the record, Hungerford beat Bridgwater 2-0.

So Hungerford go back to the top of the table, but have played more games than anybody else.

It also means Bridgwater, who are one place below us, are still 5 points worse off and now have no game in hand.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down