Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex players day

+3
WSCEvans
Old Sod
douggolfer
7 posters

Go down

Ex players day Empty Ex players day

Post  douggolfer Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:12 am

I see from info on twitter ex players day is March 11th, also noticed in the board meeting minutes the funding for renovation of the memorabilia as not been granted, can the board ensure owners and fans the memorabilia will be back in it's rightful place ready for 11march!!!!!!, Webleys is suppose to be the supporters bar its not feeling that way at the moment, we need the history of MTFC back where it belongs!!!!!!!.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Ex players day Empty Re: Ex players day

Post  Old Sod Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:00 am

The 3 amigos tasked with this are awaiting estimates for framing and as soon as they have that we will get things sorted including offering sponsorship opportunities for interested supporters.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:00 pm

Id be quite happy to see it back on the walls no need for same style framing makes it all a bit corporate imo just get a hammer and bang the old stuff back on the walls. Very Happy
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm

forzamartyrs wrote:Id be quite happy to see it back on the walls no need for same style framing makes it all a bit corporate imo just get a hammer and bang the old stuff back on the walls. Very Happy
Totally agree. Look great to see the likes of Meurig, Old Sod and Imp hanging from the wall!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 am

Along with the ten green bottles.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:14 am

This was my point the first time this subject came around (why do we need to renovate ) memorable should depict its age, not conform to its modern surroundings so unless its damaged don't change it !!!!! ( no need for people spending time on grants ) come on guys let's get the legends back on the walls (please)

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Ex players day Empty Memorabilia

Post  hirwaunman Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:44 am

Memorabilia needs to be presented tastefully and impressively, for the benefit of visitors who may not know it's significance. Otherwise it can look just like a load of old tat.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:57 am

I think a footy picture in a footy club should be significant enough to understand it is important to the club,
this as been going on since the new build was opened !!!! we need to put this to bed!!! as stated reframing should not take 12 months to achieve!!!!! I know grants are a valuable part of funding but sometimes we just have to try and get things done and foot the cost !!!!!

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:35 am

Yes I do agree with Douggolfer with the memorabilia although I do disagree with the items depicting their age. Quite frankly that would look absolutely awful in Webley's.

But yes it has gone on for a while. Looking at the situation, Plan A didn't work, nevermind. Plan B if read the board meeting minutes correctly? consists of 3 of the board members agreeing or volunteering to take on the role, so I suppose we'll see what develops with the three lads.

I'm looking forward to putting this one to bed as well but I'm sure there will be something else on the agenda looming. Like the texture of the beer mats or the variety of crisps.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:35 am

I'm sorry you regard the history of the football club in the same context as a packet of crisps/beer mat!!!!!
and you also believe adorning Webleys with past memory's of the very club which as allowed the town to have this wonderful community facility would constitute as awful!!!! people seem to forget the legacy left by so many in the past as enabled MTFC to become the icon it is today, I would assume the board/owners and supports of today would want pictorial evidence of what was achieved in 2014, so give us back the character that made MTFC the club it is !!!!! The John ready's/Mal Davis's/Da Webleys so on deserve a place to shine, these are the caricatures who strut their strut though MTFC just to mention a few!!!!
We don't go to gallery's /stately homes and historic sites to view everything in a uniformed rows,we would not expect to find if we booked a wedding/functionality in a golf/football club etc to find the history of the club removed from walls where it as stood proudly for decades ,should that not be a integral part of the charm for booking the venue!!!
We should also remember when the build was planed Romans was marked as the function suit!!! Webleys was planed as the sports/social bar !!!! Let's dress it like one,

I have to comment on your beermats/crisps it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, and I beleive lots of owners and fans will feel the same,

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:51 am

I'm sorry but I actually that our history should be on the walls? So let's see if the 3 board members in question can deliver the results asap due to plan A not working.

I feel that you may have confused yourself with my beer mat/crisps comment. I am purely emphasing once the memorabilia is on the walls, the next thing to complain about would be the rough yet easily abrasive texture of the beer mats and the lack of exotic flavour potato snacks. It's what I like to call humour. If your don't like to joke then that is completely fine. Let's see these pictures on the wall!

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:30 am

Well I would like to take this opportunity to encourage the board not to book you for the next show in Romans
If that's what is classed as humer then please please count me out !!!!
Free. Crisps or not

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr Men 1969 Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:41 am

Aww that's a shame Crying or Very sad

I had bags of skips, prawn cocktail quavers and space invaders all lined up for my show. Oh well.

Mr Men 1969

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:10 pm

Mr Men 1969 wrote:

..prawn cocktail quavers...

They would surely only be for consumption in the boardroom.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down