Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new players

+5
Benji
Boz1964
martyrant
Tim Drummond
muscles76
9 posters

Go down

new players Empty new players

Post  muscles76 Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:30 pm

i know there not much scope with money in the club but surely a few in few out might be needed to put the fire back in the belly of the team next couple of weeks will determine the league in my opinion.
is gavin williams with the club ?

muscles76

Back to top Go down

new players Empty Re: new players

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:04 am

Gavin Williams is without a club after his contract at Woking was terminated on December 20 because of "family issues". He left the club with the full respect of the manager and players, after making 17 appearances and scoring five goals.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 am

Will we re-sign Zaki Misbah from Caldicot Town?
I don't want to see names mentioned here but it would be interesting to see what players some fans think the club should dispense with! It's been a squad effort this season and every team has to tackle injury problems and other difficulties. The loss of Paul Keddle and Nathan Davies was a double blow, plus recently the injuries to Kris Leek and Gary Colborne.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrant Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:42 am

Tim, "I don't want to see names mentioned" - perhaps you should stop mentioning them!

martyrant

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:01 am

Bernard Matthews.....Colonel Sanders....Jamie Oliver.....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Benji Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:30 am

Have we got any chance of signing Gavin Williams? He would be a fantastic player.
Benji
Benji

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:47 am

I haven't mentioned anyone I think the club should dispense with...and I wouldn't.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:39 pm

What's the point in having a. Forum. If u can't mention players names never heard anything so stupid freedom of speech plus I don't want that useless zaki back what a terrible player

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Plus I pay my money iv got a right to mention who I like as has everyone else .
End off.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:24 pm

Had we won these last 3 games we wouldn't be having this conversation.

We are currently going through a bad patch and the players we have who have done so well up to just before Christmas have not become bad players overnight. Yes, we have not played well and have been on the end of some bad scorelines but it's probably as well to have a bad patch now and come back stronger out of it in the New Year. When you look at our last 11 games we have won 8 and drawn 1 which ain't too bad and the problem is that we haven't won any of our last 3 games which makes it stand out like a sore thumb. If we win our next 3, all will be hunky dory again.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:39 pm

Well said.

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Yes, I made the same point as OS- 25 points from 11 matches is a good return. If the defeats and draw had interrupted the winning streak, there wouldn't have been the same disappointment.
However, we have been well beaten by two strong sides in Mangotsfield and Tiverton.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:05 pm

We weren't well beaten we were hammered let's be honest about it let's hope boys get back to winning ways new yrs day .

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:11 am

Let's be honest, if someone told you at the start of the season we would be where we are in January, it certainly wouldn't be a disgrace.

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am

no im more than happy were we r in fact i expected us to be top or near anyway just last couple have had me shaking my head especially with some big home games coming soon .
maybe williams is the master stroke we need

muscles76

Back to top Go down

new players Empty RE:new players

Post  Cyfarthfa Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:27 am

Gavin Williams is a GREAT signing (even at age 33!) and I hope he goes on to score many goals & play many games for us in the future..

However the fact remains that we can-not DEFEND as a Team, we need a Formation/system that all the players are trained/coached and are tuned into to ensure that everyone knows their responsibility both offensively & defensively. There is too much tinkering with both players and the system they are expected to play. Once we get some stability in both of these areas then the goals against will improve. You should only need to change formation when you have to chase the game late on if you are 1 or 2 goals down.

I have reservation about a few positions particurlarly the goalkeeping position and would suggest that needs looking at but the remainder of the squad is as strong as any in the division and just needs the manager to bring some STABILITY TO THE SQUAD and not to TINKER Too much and results will improve..

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

new players Empty Why are we conceding so many goals

Post  Royston Rogers Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:59 am

Apart from Cinderford I have missed a number of recent games and without attacking individuals what has happened to our defence/team.Surely Danny and Gary must have a good idea with their vast experience.Have we got the personnel to put it right or do we need to hire and fire this is the question or are we just not up to the standard of the top 5 or 6 teams in this league....THIS AGAIN DOES NOT MAKE SENSE AS I FEEL WE ARE STRONGER THAN LAST SEASON WHEN WE DID VERY WELL.I don't know the answer and I feel after talking to many other fans they are puzzled too.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:48 am

We are stronger than last year and are in a better position statistically wise than we were last season. I'm sure Garry & Danny will get it sorted for the rest of the season.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:07 am

One thing that's helpful this season is that there isn't a Club running away with it like Poole did last season. What's also encouraging is our home form where we did slip to a few defeats last season against teams at the bottom. The back 4 does seem to be a slight concern but I'm sure Shep and Danny are more than aware of that. It's going to make for some big games from now on.

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum