Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banbury Utd

5 posters

Go down

Banbury Utd Empty Banbury Utd

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Blimey:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29772988
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Banbury Utd Empty Re: Banbury Utd

Post  Boz1964 Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:05 pm

Sad news....I wonder what made Banbury Cross?......Boz....
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:08 pm

I had a bit of a fall-out with some of the locals a few years ago. Bit alcohol fuelled on all parties in all honesty. Parted as friends though. Never though of Banbury as that sort of club...
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:13 pm

Looking at the Banbury forum it seems the ref was struck by an empty plastic bottle as he left the field at half time and wasn't fit to carry on hence the game's abandonment.

Can't condone that sort of thing but the ref had a poor half according to the Banbury fans and didn't have the bottle to come out for the 2nd period.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:16 pm

Reports that it was a fine lady upon a white horse have been denied by Local Mounted police....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffia Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:19 pm

Old Sod wrote:Looking at the Banbury forum it seems the ref was struck by an empty plastic bottle as he left the field at half time and wasn't fit to carry on hence the game's abandonment.  

Can't condone that sort of thing but the ref had a poor half according to the Banbury fans and didn't have the bottle to come out for the 2nd period.

Can't agree, OS. No referee deserves any assault, which is what it was, at any game. He was correct to abandon it. The incident sounds disgraceful. Remember, no referees, no football.
I've been there, done that.
Taffia
Taffia

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Taffia wrote:
Old Sod wrote:Looking at the Banbury forum it seems the ref was struck by an empty plastic bottle as he left the field at half time and wasn't fit to carry on hence the game's abandonment.  

Can't agree, OS. No referee deserves any assault, which is what it was, at any game. He was correct to abandon it. The incident sounds disgraceful. Remember, no referees, no football.
 As I said such an incident cannot be condoned and I was just trying to add a bit of levity.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffia Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:46 pm

Old Sod wrote:
Taffia wrote:

As I said such an incident cannot be condoned and I was just trying to add a bit of levity.

Fair enough, OS. Apologies if I offended.
Taffia
Taffia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:29 am

The "five litre" bottle was half-full according to Slough comments in the Non-League Paper . The referee was sick and shaken!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down