Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's

+8
Tim Drummond
Old Sod
Solihull Martyr
cliffyboy
Merthyr Imp
Cyfarthfa
Boz1964
MartyrMann
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's - Page 2 Empty MERTHYR TOWN vs Swansea XI

Post  PeterHarman Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:52 pm

Just posted a few images from last night's game. As a matter of interest does anyone look at the images?

PeterHarman

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's - Page 2 Empty Re: Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's

Post  Boz1964 Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes....Peter....I do appreciate the photos...as I assume do lots of people on this forum....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's - Page 2 Empty Re: Merthyr Town v Swansea City u21's

Post  cliffyboy Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:07 pm

PeterHarman wrote:Just posted a few images from last night's game. As a matter of interest does anyone look at the images?

Yes Peter I always look at your pics whenever you put them on the web site, they are always excellent, keep up the good work mate.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:06 pm

The quote regarding rock @ the park is totally uncalled for, before you criticize people who spend months booking bands,setting up sponsors and ensuring poster,tickets were ready.
Strickers should have been removed ready for the weekend of the concert.
the reality is rock @the park will not work unless the playing surface is used to houses the stage.
so give the people who tried to raise money for the club thought r@p and also have monthly shows at the candac which bring in money across the bar!!!!the applause they deserve.
So before we become critical get the facts correct please.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 am

PeterHarman wrote:Just posted a few images from last night's game. As a matter of interest does anyone look at the images?

Yes - definitely.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 am

Dougtigerwoods you should know by now that the ones who stick their heads above the parapet get it shot off...it is never the ones who take the burden of organising who criticise but the ones who take the benefit and do nothing in return. Anybody that does anything for our community club deserves praise not chastisement.....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:28 am

think you have my name wrong!!! it should read douginthewoods, of course you'r right regarding being lined up in the firing line, but to take the pompuous attitude of saying leave it to a promoter who would not have it clashing with concerts down the road!!!! .

The cancellation of R@TP was nothing to do with down the road, it was felt by the people organising the show that the area being used for the event would not allow a large crowed a good enough view, the carpark area behind the stand, standing on tarmac for 8 to 10 hours is not the best, also with strickers still standing there was a limited amount of room to house the various stands I E food,drink sellers.
As with previours R@TP shows the stage was directly below the main stand people could sit in the stand area,use the bar, walk the pitch and used the selling stands around the pitch, perfect situation, we do not have that perfect aditorium any longer!!! just remeber previours R@TP brought in a vast amount of cash to the club,
for those of you who are under the allusion a promoter would have run the show any different
i think you are very mistaken !!!! i take my hat off to the people who tried to make the show work and had the guts to cancell the show before it cost the club money, let me enlighten you into a fact some of the people organising the show lost money out of their own pockets,
so please don't crucife before you have spoken to the people who put the time in to try and make a few bob for the club.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 am

Boz1964 wrote:Yes....Peter....I do appreciate the photos...as I assume do lots of people on this forum....Boz

Get 'em up quicker, Pete. I'll then be able to get the distances right in my reports!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:06 am

Keep up the good work Peter,I always have a look.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:13 pm

You can post a comment on the web site re Peter's pics, last time I looked I was the only one to comment! Perhaps that's why Peter is asking does anyone view them, come on guys show a bit of appreciation for Peter's excellent work.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:19 pm

Boz1964 wrote:Dougtigerwoods you should know by now that the ones who stick their heads above the parapet get it shot off...it is never the ones who take the burden of organising who criticise but the ones who take the benefit and do nothing in return. Anybody that does anything for our community club deserves praise not chastisement.....Boz

Well said Boz. There's nothing more annoying than someone trying their best getting criticised by another person sitting back looking on.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:55 pm

I always look at the pictures of the games, much appreciated Peter
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:57 pm

Gr8 job Peter bril pics ,1st post I look for well done

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2