Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine

+22
RJONES90
GordonTheGopher
Taffia
Benji
Bath Spa
The hairy one
Twyn Jasper
Youngatheart
Tim Drummond
muscles76
marcogilo
Old Sod
Boz1964
mandrake
Nubs
Martyr Weaver
Merthyr Imp
Black Country Martyr
Markymark88
cliffyboy
ron jeremie
Solihull Martyr
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine - Page 3 Empty Re: MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:09 am

Taffia wrote:

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that there was some good luck with McLaggon's 2nd - just a hint of handball. Still, they average out over the season....

A Cinderford supporter who was at the match did ('forestfred') did:

'Clear to us on our side of the pitch, McLaggon controlled a through ball with his hand to set himself up for a low drive for his second on 75mins'

http://cinderfordtownfc.proboards.com/thread/508/merthyr-tuesday

I didn't notice anything myself. Were there any complaints from Swindon players?
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:13 am

Yes same sleep deprivation for me, 3am and I was still going over the game.
Goal of the season for me Colborne's 2nd wow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:27 am

Managed to drag a mate along who'd not been up before. Loved it. Absolutely class match and should definitely bolster belief ahead of Monday. Must say I was shocked to hear that Paulton had beat Tiverton.

That volley though... Jesus!!!
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  MattMartyr87 Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 am

I thought Log's performance last night was superb. Not only for the goals but I thought he was very solid at the back last night. Again, Dan Summerfield was fantastic. He seems like he's been playing the right back and left back position for years.

Looking at peoples faces at half time, you could see the nervous tension around the ground and I had a sneaky feeling we would bottle it but thank God I was wrong. A brilliant second half performance and 3 wonderful goals to go along with it. Another great night!

Lets get as many people as we can up to the Final on Monday. Let the build up begin! Very Happy 

MattMartyr87

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine - Page 3 Empty MERTHYR vs Swindon Supermarine

Post  PeterHarman Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 am

Just uploaded some images from last nights game unfortunately missed Gary Colborne's second goal ball watching thought it was going to be blasted over the stand

PeterHarman

Back to top Go down

Post  Taffia Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:
Taffia wrote:

Was it just me, or did anyone else think that there was some good luck with McLaggon's 2nd - just a hint of handball. Still, they average out over the season....

A Cinderford supporter who was at the match did ('forestfred') did:

'Clear to us on our side of the pitch, McLaggon controlled a through ball with his hand to set himself up for a low drive for his second on 75mins'

http://cinderfordtownfc.proboards.com/thread/508/merthyr-tuesday

I didn't notice anything myself. Were there any complaints from Swindon players?

There were some protests from two players (No 5 was one), but they were waved away very firmly, thankfully, by the referee as he went to the celebrating players to get them back up the pitch.
Taffia
Taffia

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:52 am

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

Lots of blubbing about the 3g pitch going on from other camps

surely it's more of a disadvantage for Merthyr than an advantage as many are suggesting?
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine - Page 3 Empty Game v Supermarine

Post  boxxon Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:29 am

Best wishes for the Final v Paulton.A good number of us came down from Cinderford  to Pennydaren to support you last night.Great game,deserved win.

Last edited by boxxon on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : identifacation)

boxxon

Back to top Go down

MERTHYR v Swindon Supermarine - Page 3 Empty Goals

Post  Boz1964 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:30 am

Logs netburster was by far the best goal at the Cigge since we returned....although my three other favourites were Grant Thomas v Cardiff....Clarkes wonderblast into the Theatre End goals in the death throes as Merthyr Tydfil F C and the Aaron Cornwall daisy cutter penalty earlier this year.....priceless memories....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:45 am

RJONES90MTFC wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

surely it's more of a disadvantage for Merthyr than an advantage as many are suggesting?

They struggled to get to grips with it so it was 2-2 at half time, then when they got used to it they conceded three more and scored none. Laughing 
Markymark88
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:20 pm

RJONES90MTFC wrote:Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

I have seen some pitches in my time, pitches that would gave an advantage to the home side such as a slope or a steep camber to the touch lines, narrow, wide, unrolled, poorly drained etc. the list goes on, with a 3G pitch you get what is says on the tin and that is a true surface, players can’t complain about conditions with the ball be affected by unexpected bounce or deviation. Everybody is on a real level playing field and football will always be the winner. Players plying their trade on these surfaces can only improve their skills and I would expect non-league skill standards to improve the more 3G pitches are used.

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Youngatheart Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm

[with a 3G pitch you get what is says on the tin and that is a true surface, players can’t complain about conditions with the ball be affected by unexpected bounce or deviation. Everybody is on a real level playing field and football will always be the winner. Players plying their trade on these surfaces can only improve their skills and I would expect non-league skill standards to improve the more 3G pitches are used.]

Agree entirely. I wish it was an advantage. The only reason it has been advantageous is because it enables our boys to play their excellent brand of passing football, without the drawback of slopes, too little grass, too long grass etc.

Youngatheart

Back to top Go down

Post  osama Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:53 pm

The pitch at Thatcham was like a meadow on Saturday. Looked like it hadn't seen a mower for months. I'm sure that was done to gain an advantage by stopping us playing our passing game. Simple fact is playing at home is an advantage no matter what the surface is. That's why most teams generally win more of their home games than away

osama

Back to top Go down

Post  RJONES90 Thu May 01, 2014 9:28 am

'A bad workman blames his tools ' comes to mind
RJONES90
RJONES90

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu May 01, 2014 9:50 am

Paulton training tonight on a 3G pitch.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Thu May 01, 2014 2:19 pm

Well just to confuse them our boys are training like racehorses in the surf on Barry Island beach...passing in triangles around the discarded syringes...and playing keepie up with raw sewage balls....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3