Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL

+10
Billy Hunt.
Solihull Martyr
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
Typey
2mikes
Old Sod
Loopymagz
GordonTheGopher
Merthyr Imp
CF48 MARTYR
14 posters

Go down

GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL Empty GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL

Post  CF48 MARTYR Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:57 am

Come on then lets have a roll cal... lets show the lads our support and get down to Taffs Well FC this coming Saturday, we are the 12th man, so lets push our lads over the line and make it a day to remember (NO PRESSURE SHEP)

This is as a big a day as there has been in the short history of Merthyr Town FC, I say that not only because we are about to win somEthing, but it is just rewards for all those supporters who have travelled the Country in strong numbers, and those who have dragged themselves to Taffs Well every single week without fail to support the lads, without you Merthyr Town would and could have fallen apart as quick as it was formed in the summer.

I would like to extend my gratitude to Taffs Well FC, all supporters, sponsors, players and staff for the commitment and loyalty shown to the club since its birth, and hope that this commitment will contiune to push us on to bigger and better things.

I would also like to challenge those who decided that Taffs Wells wasnt for them, stay away supporters and floaters to ensure they return when we are back at Penydarren Park next season, these are exciting times for Merthyr Town Football Club and strong numbers and unity will ensure we can continue our charge up the leagues, and more importantly our charge to financial security and stability....

ILL BE THERE, WILL YOU....????

UP THE TOWN.......

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL Empty Re: GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:18 am

Well said, Richard. Let's try and make it the largest attendance of the season - 354 is the figure to beat - and push the average over the 300 mark.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL Empty Re: GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL

Post  GordonTheGopher Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:32 am

I,ll be there i,ll be there with my red and white scarf i,ll be there[probable no scarf to hot] but i,ll be there, come on boys win last 4 games and round off a brilliant 1st season.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:37 am

Sorry red and green scarf.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Loopymagz Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:14 am

I will be there. I am sure Gillingham will be hell bent on trying to stop us getting any points. Good luck to the lads.
Loopymagz
Loopymagz

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:50 am

Mrs Old Sod, Little Wayne and I'll be there as well. Warm or not I'll still be wearing my scarf. I agree totally with what Richard has said - the boys deserve the best crowd of the season on Saturday. Maybe with it being a potential championship winning game some of our followers who have yet to come to TW will travel down and some locals will come as well. I'm sure the hour on Real Radio will help us.

Up the Martyrs

Old Sod
Onwards and Upwards
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

GILLINGHAM FC (SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2011) KICK OFF 3PM... ROLL CALL Empty I WAS THERE

Post  2mikes Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:51 pm

SOUTHERN LEAGUE MIDLANDS DIVISION WINNERS. DAD WAS THERE
SOUTHERN LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISON WINNERS. DAD WAS THERE
SOUTHERN LEAGUE WESTERN DIVISON WINNERS. WE WERE BOTH THERE
TOOLSTATION DIVISION 1 WINNERS. DAD,MUM AND ME WILL BE THERE.

AS MAX BOYCE SAID. YES WE WERE THERE.
P.S. ON MONDAY. YES WE ALL HAD DOCTORS PAPERS AND THEY ALL SAID JUST THE SAME
WE ALL CAUGHT MARTYRS FEVER AND WE CAUGHT IT AT THE GAME.
UP THE TOWN............... Basketball Basketball

2mikes

Back to top Go down

Post  Typey Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:38 pm

Question...

What games did we actually win the league as per 2Mikes post above?

SL Western - ???

SL Premier was Crawley (H)

SL Midland Division? Didn't we lose away to Rushden (3-1) but still won the league because Grantham(?) lost on the same day? Our away defeat at Rushden was in the same season we beat them 11-0 at home!

Typey

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:10 pm

As far as the Western Division championship in 2003 is concerned, then according to information in the last programme of that season:-

Promotion was secured with a 5-0 win at home to Atherstone on 12 April 2003 (4 games remaining after that).

A 0-0 draw away to Solihull on 26 April in the next to last game turned out to be enough for the championship when rivals Weston-Super-Mare lost their game in hand the following midweek.

So we were already champions when the last game was played (home to Sutton Coldfield 3 May 2003)

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit) Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:As far as the Western Division championship in 2003 is concerned, then according to information in the last programme of that season:-

Promotion was secured with a 5-0 win at home to Atherstone on 12 April 2003 (4 games remaining after that).

A 0-0 draw away to Solihull on 26 April in the next to last game turned out to be enough for the championship when rivals Weston-Super-Mare lost their game in hand the following midweek.

So we were already champions when the last game was played (home to Sutton Coldfield 3 May 2003)

western division championships??
thats not the same league we in now is it, or is it?
excuse my ignorance, just trying to broaden my knowledge on the clubs recent history.
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)
SwanseaJack(SgorioFruit)

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:22 pm

Merthyr Imp wrote:A 0-0 draw away to Solihull on 26 April in the next to last game turned out to be enough for the championship when rivals Weston-Super-Mare lost their game in hand the following midweek.
Remember it well. My lads were mascots (think Wolvsey & Joe Murphy @ Solihull organised it). United also effectively won the league the same day (think it was a 2-2 draw with Arseanal).

And the game? It was dire!!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:39 pm

swanseajack wrote:
Merthyr Imp wrote:As far as the Western Division championship in 2003 is concerned, then according to information in the last programme of that season:-

western division championships??
thats not the same league we in now is it, or is it?
excuse my ignorance, just trying to broaden my knowledge on the clubs recent history.

That was the Southern League Western Division as it was then called. It's currently called the Southern League Division One South & West.

If and when we win promotion from the Western League Premier Division that's the level we'll find ourselves at again.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  2mikes Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:15 am

1988 midland division top 3 positions. merthyr and Moor green promoted
Position Team P W D L F A Points
1 MERTHYR TYDFIL 42 30 4 8 102 40 94
2 MOOR GREEN 42 26 8 8 91 49 86
3 GRANTHAM TOWN 42 27 4 11 97 53 85

2mikes

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Hunt. Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:54 am

Can't wait, should be great Very Happy
Billy Hunt.
Billy Hunt.

Back to top Go down

Post  timshorts Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Yep. Me too.

I can only list having been there on days that we have not won the league - or that shite day at Tonbridge Angels (I think) when we failed to make the cut by one point to make the conference South - and then got the best seeding in the play-off for the bonus place and screwed that one up too. That's what you get for only going to away games.

I'm not missing this - (and Rye are only playing Pagham for the 5th time this season, so I'm not missing anything much there either).

timshorts

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:39 pm

We do not want to underestimate this one It seems the man to watch is Lee Gale. who has scored 32 g0als in 37 appearances. they have an impressive away record lately, Should be some game Cmon the martyrs

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled O Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:13 am

I will be there to support the boys, Am I tempting fate by bringing my camera! My daughter has flown in from France and will be joining me.

Exiled O

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 am

lets keep our feet on the ground and not put extra pressure on the team,they have done very well so far its obvious gillingham are not going to roll over and let us have the point we need.all the best lads you all deserve it,i will be there,iwill be there.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down