Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday's game

+4
GordonTheGopher
Solihull Martyr
Merthyr Imp
A465 Martyr
8 posters

Go down

Sunday's game Empty Sunday's game

Post  A465 Martyr Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 am

Just to make certain - will Sunday's game be a 3pm ko?
A465 Martyr
A465 Martyr

Back to top Go down

Sunday's game Empty Re: Sunday's game

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:25 am

Yes - 3pm.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 am

Surprised we are not offering something like "2 games for a tenner" (Sat & Sun) or suchlike on this. Hope I am wrong, however suspect it will be a limited turnout...
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:52 am

Solihull Martyr wrote: Hope I am wrong, however suspect it will be a limited turnout...

Could depend on the results tomorrow night and Saturday.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:24 am

Just a suggestion maybe on saturday, a token for £2 off the full price and £1 off concessions could be offered for the sunday game.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  itsallgoingtitsup! Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:33 am

GordonTheGopher wrote:Just a suggestion maybe on saturday, a token for £2 off the full price and £1 off concessions could be offered for the sunday game.

or even free parking Very Happy

itsallgoingtitsup!

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:39 am

GordonTheGopher wrote:Just a suggestion maybe on saturday, a token for £2 off the full price and £1 off concessions could be offered for the sunday game.

I don't know whether anything's being considered or not, but something to bear in mind is that if we get to the play-offs and don't have a home game it means a week or two extra wages to the players without any match-day income to pay for it.

So I imagine it would have to be extra carefully weighed up whether the loss of revenue from reduced prices would be made up by increased numbers.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNick Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 pm

Just to point out another expense for Sunday. It will be my 51st birthday! So bring plenty of beer m drunken oney!
CrazyNick
CrazyNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 pm

The Board has spent some time considering suggestions that there be a reduction for people attending both games next weekend.

Unfortunately we think that to do so might result in the club having reduced income at a time when finances are tight, and we have therefore decided to charge the normal entrance fees.

It would be nice to make such a gesture, but we do not think it would be responsible to risk reducing income at this time.

John Strand

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 pm

I think the Board are correct. In any case, it would incur costs in producing some kind of ticket or voucher and that would mean extra work at the turnstiles etc.
When the admission cost was cut for the SL Cup tie with Yate (I know it's not such an attractive competition these days as it once was) the gate was one of the lowest ever. So it produced less income, not more.
If Merthyr beat Taunton and Wimborne (although we can't take anything for granted), the six points should be enough to see Merthyr Town in the Play-offs, making the Sunday game with Bridgwater not so important.
We must also remember that there is not a comprehensive bus service in the borough on a Sunday, making it difficult for some people to attend.
The club can't risk a cut in income in the gamble of receiving more income at a time when they will have to pay out extra wages if we reach the play-offs and have an away tie, especially when we have been told the cash reserves for the close season have dwindled because of several reasons, prompting an appeal for more Soccalot tickets to be sold.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 am

I should add that any reduction could not easily be applied to season ticket holders, who make up about a third of our average crowd.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:57 am

Exactbly. And anyone turning up for these last two matches would effectively be subsidised by the regular fans who turn up for every home game.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down