Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

football violence on the up non league

+4
Markymark88
Merthyr Imp
Tim Drummond
WSCEvans
8 posters

Go down

football violence on the up non league Empty football violence on the up non league

Post  WSCEvans Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:22 am

Reading and watching forums in recent months there seems to be an increasing level of violence in the lower levels. Kidderminster fans stabbed on weekend and buses attacked at Lutonhttp://www.expressandstar.com/news/emergency-services/2013/04/02/football-fan-stabbed-as-supporters-coach-attacked/

The other day there were around 60 arrest at Nuneaton v Lincoln Shocked

Im not sure whats going on whether the relegation of ex football league clubs into conference is now to blame or thugs realising there is lower levels of policing at these fixtures.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

football violence on the up non league Empty Re: football violence on the up non league

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:12 am

I think the Nuneaton arrests were actually in a pub in the town, some taking place after the game had kicked off. Perhaps some folk getting involved when they had no intention of going to the game anyway!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

football violence on the up non league Empty Re: football violence on the up non league

Post  Merthyr Imp Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:51 am

DicPenderyn wrote:
Im not sure whats going on whether the relegation of ex football league clubs into conference is now to blame

I'm sorry to say you may have a point there.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 am

Tim Drummond wrote:I think the Nuneaton arrests were actually in a pub in the town, some taking place after the game had kicked off. Perhaps some folk getting involved when they had no intention of going to the game anyway!

Yes looks that way I think the police did a "kettle" tactic i think is the technical term and rounded up a pub, out of the arrests how many were actually charged im not sure.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:15 pm

The Luton incident was nothing to do with Luton fans, just the local "diverse population" attacking innocent people. One of our fans chucked a potato when we went to Hereford though.
Markymark88
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Markymark88 wrote:The Luton incident was nothing to do with Luton fans, just the local "diverse population" attacking innocent people. One of our fans chucked a potato when we went to Hereford though.

lol Cool
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Benji Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:51 pm

I heard from colleagues in Hereford that some of your/the County lot were looking for (but not getting any) trouble after the match. Smashing bottles and other brave type antics around the city centre.
Benji
Benji

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Benji wrote:I heard from colleagues in Hereford that some of your/the County lot were looking for (but not getting any) trouble after the match. Smashing bottles and other brave type antics around the city centre.

I heard it was the other way round before the match. All I saw were some people doing their "hold me back lads" act in front of the police.
Markymark88
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:21 am

Markymark88 wrote:
Benji wrote:I heard from colleagues in Hereford that some of your/the County lot were looking for (but not getting any) trouble after the match. Smashing bottles and other brave type antics around the city centre.

I heard it was the other way round before the match. All I saw were some people doing their "hold me back lads" act in front of the police.

Do they still have an inflatable giant bull out on the pitch prior to kick off. I havent been since around 1993 but they used to wheel out this giant inflatable Bull Smile
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  muscles76 Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:33 am

until we used to pop it !!!!
good times never to be repeated again long live ccfc.... pale

muscles76

Back to top Go down

Post  Markymark88 Thu Apr 04, 2013 7:03 am

DicPenderyn wrote:
Markymark88 wrote:

Do they still have an inflatable giant bull out on the pitch prior to kick off. I havent been since around 1993 but they used to wheel out this giant inflatable Bull Smile

No bull, about the only thing there that's changed. I think they still wheel out the real bull once a season.
Markymark88
Markymark88

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:26 am

Markymark88 wrote:
DicPenderyn wrote:
Markymark88 wrote:

No bull, about the only thing there that's changed. I think they still wheel out the real bull once a season.

Always makes me chuckle when you drive into Hereford and you see the Welsh club/social Very Happy
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:45 am

If anyone claims violence is on the up in non-league football, I will punch them!!! lol!!!

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:If anyone claims violence is on the up in non-league football, I will punch them!!! lol!!!

lol it you do that Mr Drummond there will be a few fans wearing pirat and Cool or looking like Suspect
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:27 pm

I shall give Peace A Chance then...

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Joking aside, I had a discussion someone at the Solihull/Gloucester game on Saturday (Visitors won 3-2; great chatting with TigerRoar) who claimed "Lincoln have always had an element". Personally first I'd ever heard against the Imps. Know in the past we've had a (undeserved in my opinion) reputation (remember at Toton being asked to pass on thanks to all who attended as "they'd heard rumours" and we were impeccable on the day). Wonder if Malc has any views/insight?
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Solihull Martyr wrote:Joking aside, I had a discussion someone at the Solihull/Gloucester game on Saturday (Visitors won 3-2; great chatting with TigerRoar) who claimed "Lincoln have always had an element". Personally first I'd ever heard against the Imps. Wonder if Malc has any views/insight?

Yes, I'm afraid there have been times over the years - I wouldn't say all the time, unlike some clubs I'm sure we could all think of.

At one time they styled themselves the 'Lincoln Transit Elite' (don't ask me why), or LTE. Bunch of idiots. And there was a notorious occasion all the way back in the 1971/72 season when some morons dressed up in the style of the thugs in the then new film, 'A Clockwork Orange' and ran amok in Mansfield. In fact that's significant, as, looking back, the hooligan element have maybe tended mainly to crawl out of the woodwork (or out from under their stones) for local derby matches - e.g. places like Grimsby or Peterborough.

Thankfully, in Lincoln's previous season in the Conference in the late 1980s, a couple of years before Merthyr's time, there was little or no evidence of them. I say thankfully, as it might have been a culture shock for the non-league clubs of those times to witness such goings on - and one reason for their thankful absence was probably due to there being no local rivalry with any club that season (I think Kettering was nearest).

It's thanks to those sort of fools (and not just at Lincoln) that the days of being able to change ends at a ground at half time was put a stop to, that we had to peer through metal fences to watch a game, and came within in an ace of being forced to obtain stupid identity cards to even get into a football ground.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  CrazyNick Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 am

Tim Drummond wrote:I shall give Peace A Chance then...
That's all we are saying. Very Happy
CrazyNick
CrazyNick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down