Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seasons Greetings!

+3
GordonTheGopher
Royston Rogers
Solihull Martyr
7 posters

Go down

Seasons Greetings! Empty Seasons Greetings!

Post  Solihull Martyr Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:34 pm

Seasons Greetings! Nadllawblwdda1
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Seasons Greetings! Empty Re: Seasons Greetings!

Post  Royston Rogers Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:24 pm

Same to you and may all your troubles be little ones.

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:33 am

Happy Xmas to all the players, management, club board and all fans santa
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Royston Rogers Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:46 am

Merry Xmas to everyone associated with MTFC AND ALL THE LOYAL FANS

Royston Rogers

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:16 am

Royston Rogers wrote: Merry Xmas to everyone associated with MTFC AND ALL THE LOYAL FANS

Ditto. Wayne's had a load of new toys to throw so all is well. Hopefully we'll have a game tomorrow.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:18 am

A very Merry Christmas to all at the club, and a very big thank you to all who have contributed so much towards another very enjoyable year.

My best present has been a book called "The Best of Charles Buchan's Football Monthly", a publication some of our older fans will remember (it finished in 1971).

In the introduction was the following quote from J B Priestley's "The Good Companions".

"It turned you into a member of new community, all brothers (and sisters) together for an hour and a half, for not only had you escaped from the clanking machinery of this less life, from work, wages, rent, doles, sick pay, nagging wives (or husbands), ailing children, bad bosses, idle workmen, but you had escaped with most of your neigbours, with half the town (this was written in 1929), and there you were, cheering together, thumping one another on the shoulders, swopping judgements like lords of the earth, having pushed your way through a turnstile into another and altogether more splendid kind of life , hurtling with conflict and yet passionate and beautiful in its art"

Sums it up nicely for me.

Back to top Go down

Post  P45 Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 am

A very happy xmas and new year to all martyr's fans(including ex fans)it would nice to see some of then returning in 2013.

Also a BIG thank you to ALL the the volunteer's for keeping things going.

P45

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:06 am

John Strand wrote:
My best present has been a book called "The Best of Charles Buchan's Football Monthly", a publication some of our older fans will remember (it finished in 1971).

In the introduction was the following quote from J B Priestley's "The Good Companions".

"It turned you into a member of new community, all brothers (and sisters) together for an hour and a half, for not only had you escaped from the clanking machinery of this less life, from work, wages, rent, doles, sick pay, nagging wives (or husbands), ailing children, bad bosses, idle workmen, but you had escaped with most of your neigbours, with half the town (this was written in 1929), and there you were, cheering together, thumping one another on the shoulders, swopping judgements like lords of the earth, having pushed your way through a turnstile into another and altogether more splendid kind of life , hurtling with conflict and yet passionate and beautiful in its art"

Of course you don't always escape from bad bosses and idle 'workmen' at football matches! (The present Martyrs excepted of course)

Merry Christmas to all supporters and those connected with the club, especially any who are spending time on it today.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:22 pm

I remember Charlie Buchan's Football Monthly. And The Good Companions is an excellent novel. I recently bought it on Audio.I haven't played it yet.
And I agree it would be good if more former fans started returning to Penydarren Park.More people and more finance would be a big boost in 2013.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:52 am

Tim Drummond wrote:I remember Charlie Buchan's Football Monthly.

I've still got my copies from the 1960s, although they may turn up on Ebay at some point in the future.

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down