Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next Season Prices

+5
Old Sod
scamp
rustic
GordonTheGopher
Taylz
9 posters

Go down

Next Season Prices Empty Next Season Prices

Post  Taylz Sat May 07, 2011 5:34 am

I've had the season ticket renewal form through the post this morning with the new price and all the direct debit info. I will most probably renew before the start of the season but i'd like to know if the match day prices have been confirmed yet before making any decision. regards craig

Taylz

Back to top Go down

Next Season Prices Empty Re: Next Season Prices

Post  GordonTheGopher Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 am

I am in the same position £125 for 18 league games works out at just under £7, average price for the Western Premier league last season was £5 or£6.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sat May 07, 2011 8:44 am

is it correct that the car park space as gone up to £50 from the previous £30.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylz Sat May 07, 2011 9:05 am

yes it's £50 for reserved match day parking rustic..

Taylz

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Sat May 07, 2011 10:49 am

thank you.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Sat May 07, 2011 11:58 am

I believe the admission price was agreed and passed by the members at the last general meeting of the trust

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Sat May 07, 2011 1:51 pm

scamp wrote:I believe the admission price was agreed and passed by the members at the last general meeting of the trust

Yes, it was agreed at the AGM that if we returned to PP as champions the entry fee for next season would be £7. Looking at the other teams in the league we probably have the highest travelling expenses, possibly one of the highest wage bills as well as an ageing ground to maintain. Our attendances will no doubt be the best but as we are all aware that is not enough to meet all the bills we have to pay which we will have to incur if we are to return to where we were relegated from. At least we'll know where our money is going now.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 3:59 pm

We decided on £7 and £5 on the basis that many supporters had suggested that we should maintain reasonable entry charges (after the drop of £2 last season) as part of the plan to make progress through the leagues (not that I am taking any thing for granted next season).
The charges are greater than other Western League clubs, but Gary and Danny have managed to keep the bulk of the squad from the Southern League and are attempting to strengthen it.
Of course the total gate money is considerably less than the money raised by SOCCALOT and other fundraising initiatives, so we feel that most supporters will understand the need to support the club through reasonable gate prices.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 07, 2011 4:28 pm

I should have added that we are extremely grateful to the 100+ supporters who held a season ticket for 2010/2011. Their support gaurantees a level of income which contributes to stable financial planning.
The numbers who pay at the gate can rise or fall by 30% from one game to another, so the more season ticket holders we have the greater security of income there is.
Purchase of season tickets can spread out by paying through standing order payments over a few months. For details contact Meurig Price meurig.price@btinternet.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sun May 08, 2011 4:32 am

John thank you for clarifying the admission charge for next season the price of £125 for a season ticket if spread over 18 home games is less than 6p a game hardly an incentive to purchase one.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sun May 08, 2011 5:45 am

I shoud have said a saving of less than 6p.For o.a.p-juniors no saving at all.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Dai Bando Sun May 08, 2011 7:59 am

John thank you for clarifying the admission charge for next season the price of £125 for a season ticket if spread over 18 home games is less than 6p a game hardly an incentive to purchase one.Surely the incentive is as John states below, in the club being able to forecast financially for the season and have a guaranteed level of revenue ,happy days.

Their support( season ticket holders) gaurantees a level of income which contributes to stable financial planning.
The numbers who pay at the gate can rise or fall by 30% from one game to another, so the more season ticket holders we have the greater security of income there is.
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Sun May 08, 2011 10:01 am

I have no problem with the price of admission or the season ticket(i had one last season) i also pay £5 a week to the save the MARTYRS campaign i merely pointed out that it is not much of an incentive to attract new supporters to purchase one.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Next Season Prices Empty NEXT SEASONS PRICES

Post  CF48 MARTYR Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 pm

I will certainly be purchasing one, like I have done so for the past (I dont know how long), the way I see it, you dont have to mess about or que or worry about anything at the turnstile, its just straight through, plus if you pay at the gate every match it will cost you more..

Also, the more season tickets sold, the more garunteed income the club gets so it takes a little bit of the pressure us all who need to raise the finances for us to continue our climb up the leagues.

Also, season ticket holders will enjoy reduced price drinks on selected products behind the bar at the Candac which will add to the savings.

I think we will top the up take figure this year, back the bid for promotion...

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Next Season Prices Empty Next Season's Prices

Post  hirwaunman Sun May 08, 2011 4:41 pm

This time last year there was still uncertainty about how things would pan out and that may well have deterred some 'wait and see' supporters from buying a season ticket. Over the season just ended, those concerned with the running of the club and the performance of the team have certainly earned the confidence of fans and shown that the club can not only survive, but progress. Buying a season ticket is the best way for fans to show that confidence and faith in the future, and to help provide a solid foundation. I shall certainly buy a season ticket even though it will cost me money because there will be games I can't get to.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Mon May 09, 2011 3:53 am

I think it is great that so many supporters are happy with the price of a season ticket as i am and will renew next year but i feel that we have missed a trick of attracting more people to purchase one. John says the club is extremely grateful to the 100+ supporters who had one last year but we averaged 300+ at TaffsWell last season it is the 150-200+ we need to persuade to buy one, by seting the price we have many may just pay at the gate for games they attend and thus we may miss out on the extra income, may be preseason friendlies could be added to the season ticket as an extra incentive to buy one.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Pol Pot Thu May 12, 2011 2:23 am

I buy my season ticket not to save money - I buy it to help the club that I part own. All fans (if they can afford to do so) should buy a season ticket. It's our club and only us can make the difference now. If we fail or succeed it is down to us.

Pol Pot

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:53 am

Apologies for not replying to this thread earlier.

When the Board set the prices for season tickets back in early May, it was thought that there would be 19 home league games. It now transpires that there is likely to be only 18 home games next season (this will finalised after the league AGM next week). Assuming that is the case, a season ticket will include entry into the first home cup game of the season. This is unusual but is acceptable under cup rules, as long as a visiting team receives a portion of the season ticket value for that game. In the unlikely event that we have no home draws in the four cup competitions (for a second successive season), a refund to the value of one game will be offered to season ticket holders.

Sixty people have already signed up for a season ticket, so we hope that many others will join them soon. To make the process easier, payments can be made over a five month period by standing order.

We appreciate the commitment of season ticket holders, who demonstrate their support for the club in the most concrete way, securing the club’s cash flow. There were some season ticket holders last season who did not get to one game in Taffs Well. With that type of commitment we will progress.

Season tickets can be purchased by contacting Meurig Price email to meurig.price@btinternet.com or telephone 07503170937. Forms are also available in the CANDAC.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum