Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr connection

3 posters

Go down

Merthyr connection Empty Merthyr connection

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:19 am

Quite a Merthyr connection at Porth v Bryntirion today. Adrian "Bambi" Needs manager of Bryntirion, Matthew Driscoll one of the Porth coaches. Tom Harris up front for Porth who also included Shane Davies (with us for a while in our Taff's Well days) and ex-Troedyrhiw and Pentrebach player Rhys Nolan.
Physio for Bryntirion was Andrew "Chubbs" Needs, one-time Merthyr physio.
Shane Davies scored a spot-kick for Porth and had an impressive game. Porth down 3-1 early in second half earned an amazing 4-4 draw.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Merthyr connection Empty porth

Post  terraculous Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:43 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:Quite a Merthyr connection at Porth v Bryntirion today. Adrian "Bambi" Needs manager of Bryntirion, Matthew Driscoll one of the Porth coaches. Tom Harris up front for Porth who also included Shane Davies (with us for a while in our Taff's Well days) and ex-Troedyrhiw and Pentrebach player Rhys Nolan.
Physio for Bryntirion was Andrew "Chubbs" Needs, one-time Merthyr physio.
Shane Davies scored a spot-kick for Porth and had an impressive game. Porth down 3-1 early in second half earned an amazing 4-4 draw.
Sorry Tim but you have this wrong .Bambi and his brother are at Porth.The manager at Bryntirion is Ex Cwmbran Town striker who Played in Europe for them called Francis Ford.

terraculous

Back to top Go down

Merthyr connection Empty Re: Merthyr connection

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, I wondered. But it says on the programme re Bryntirion (yes I knew the name Francis Ford): Manager Francis Ford, Physio Andrew Chubbs Needs. Physio for Porth, Billy Young. And I couldn't see Chubbs in the Porth dug-out.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

The Bryntirion Athletic website says: Physo, Andrew Chubbs Needs.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Jamie Mack Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Chubbs is physio at Bryntirion and has been for at least the last 3 seasons. When I saw him a couple of weeks ago he was in need of a physio himself as he was on crutches after an accident while doing some gardening.

Jamie Mack
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down