Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colin Peake

4 posters

Go down

Colin Peake Empty Colin Peake

Post  Wandering Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:37 am

I know that many years ago Mark Evans had been in correspondence with our 'friend' from Forest Green Rovers.

After 20-years service at the Lawn/New Lawn he has suddenly left the club without any plausible explanation provided for his departure.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Colin Peake Empty Re: Colin Peake

Post  Wandering Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 am

Former-Chairman and director Trevor Horsley has also resigns from the Board of Directors.

He has helped the club to maintain their Conference status for 14 years.

I can't believe that they are now probably one of the longest serving clubs in the Conference!!?

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Dial M For Merthyr Zine Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:05 pm

Yes the fanzine had an exchange of views with Mr Peake concerning the match day arrangements for our promotion decider at the old ground. To be fair to Colin Peake he reponded to the letters even though he never agreed with our complaints.

It's a big surprise that he's left them.

Dial M For Merthyr Zine

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:59 pm

Colin and Trevor are decent chaps who worked hard as Forest Green climbed up the pyramid.
It can't have been easy knowing of their immediate limited catchment area.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Colin Peake Empty Colin Peake

Post  CF48 MARTYR Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 am

Yes I must take my hat off to FGR, what they have acheived since 1997 has been nothing short of spectacular, considering the competitivness of the conference, and catchment they have.

I think the millions of pounds they would have received for selling thier plot of land the Old Lawn ground occupied would have helped matters, but in truth they established themselfs long before that, but for me most importantly their fan base grew with the club which would is absolutely crucial when it comes to the success of a club.

At Merthyr it is my belief that the club will be as big as its support base allows and wants it to be and examples like FGR are testiment to that..

Fair play to them...!!

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:25 am

Colin Peake appointed by Gloucester City as a 'consultant'.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down