Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fey Quits Bitton

Go down

Fey Quits Bitton Empty Fey Quits Bitton

Post  Dai Bando Thu May 10, 2012 5:44 am

The 34-year-old former Mangotsfield United and Clevedon Town goalkeeper insists he is ready for a new challenge after steering his team to two successive second-placed finishes in the league.

Had Bitton's facilities met stringent ground-grading criteria they, and Fey would, in all likelihood, now be enjoying life at the higher level together.

However, the club announced at the turn of the year their intention not to apply for Southern League status due to a cash shortage, and an ambitious Fey has decided to go.

He explained: "I feel it is the right time to move on; I've taken the club as far as I can. I have spoken to the chairman John Langdon about it and he seems fine. I am grateful for the chance he gave me to manage at this level and I wish him and the players all the best going forward."

"I feel given that sort of record I deserve the chance of managing at a higher level. Bitton as a club aren't ready to go up but as a manager I feel ready and I'm currently weighing up a couple of offers."

Langdon thanked Fey for all his hard work and achievements while at the club.

[Source: Bristol Evening Post]
Dai Bando
Dai Bando

Back to top Go down