Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday

+9
fistral10
jonah
Wandering
Tim Drummond
Solihull Martyr
CF48 MARTYR
GordonTheGopher
Merthyr Imp
Admin
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday Empty Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday

Post  Admin Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am

At Saturday's game against Bridport we will be visited by a reporter from the Non League Show, which is transmitted by Radio London. The club will feature on the show a week or so after. The reporter will seek to interview a variety of people from the club during the afternoon, including supporters during the match.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday Empty Re: Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:37 pm

This is the relevant website to listen to it:

www.bbc.co.uk/nonleague

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday Empty Re: Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday

Post  GordonTheGopher Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Was anyone there on Saturday from the Non League Show.
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Yes - reporter was there for about 5 hours Sat. Will let you know when i am told it will be broadcast - hopefully next Monday.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday Empty Radio London Non League Show visiting Saturday

Post  CF48 MARTYR Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:34 am

Yes, I was interviewed, along with a few others.

He was a nice guy in fairness to him

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:59 am

Always said you had the facefor radio Rich!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:17 pm

Mr Solihull Martyr: I was talking to a chap from Glasgow who said his brother-in-law was from Merthyr but was now living in Solihull.
His name is Evans!!! Do you know him?????

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:35 pm

I am advised that the Radio London Non League feature is likely to be broadcast on Monday Dec 5th

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Anyone know whether the broadcast is being made tonight?

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  jonah Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:11 pm

just listened to tonights show and we were not on there tonight,probably next week i hope. Very Happy

jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 pm

Caroline Baker of the Non League Show has confirmed this evening that they hope to broadcast the article on the Trust in their Christmas special show.

No specific date for this 'special show' was provided!

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:56 pm

Tim Drummond wrote:Mr Solihull Martyr: I was talking to a chap from Glasgow who said his brother-in-law was from Merthyr but was now living in Solihull.
His name is Evans!!! Do you know him?????
Not - Evan Evans...?!!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:37 pm

The Non League Show has confirmed today that the article on the Martyrs will be broadcast during tomorrow evening's show which starts at 9.00pm.

Link to BBC Radio London

Last edited by Wandering on Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  fistral10 Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:30 am

What Sky channel is it on Rob?

fistral10

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:21 am

Mark unless you actually live in the London area you would need to set up the channel on frequency: 11.954 Polarisation: H! That's all the help I can provide I'm afraid!

If anyone is unable to tune in tonight you can catch up with the podcast in a few days time.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  fistral10 Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:29 am

Thanks, but I'll wait for the podcast!

fistral10

Back to top Go down

Post  CF48 MARTYR Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:07 pm

All I can get at the moment is live coverage of Crystal Palace v Birmingham City...

CF48 MARTYR

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:34 pm

Rich you needed to head for Radio London FM (not DAB) - have to pick up podcast.

The coverage was good with lots of quotes from you among many others.

Don't know if you heard it old sod, but the item following was an interviiew with our old boss Neil Chambers about his book about Darlaston Town.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:56 pm

Quite a number of people were interviewed and recalled their favourite moments of watching the Martyrs and stated their reasons why Merthyr Town have been able to maintain football in the borough.
There was a lot of background noise, unfortunately, but the interviews painted an overall picture of the enthusiasm of the loyal supporters, a good template for any other club trying to run things themselves rather than rely on one man holding the purse-strings.
There was a mention of the televised FA Cup game with Walsall and a comment that the income generated was not ploughed back into the Merthyr Tydfil club.
Well, of course, as the club faced massive debts at the time, they didn't suddenly find themselves in the black from the red! And as I understand it, some of the pressing debts were paid off.
Otherwise, Merthyr Tydfil could have been liquidated much earlier than it was as there would have been more winding-up orders.
The facts behind the various regimes at Penydarren Park and what went on would make interesting reading. I probably only knew some things! But in whatever way the club was run, it still survived, somehow, until last year's liquidation, providing some base on which to build.
Now the club is fan-based, the people involved have football as their priority and they can plan accordingly with realistic hopes. The club is greater than the sum of the personalities of the past and having fought off fears can move forward.
The item should prove to be important to non-league devotees.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:21 am

Listening to it for a second time this morning on the podcast, it was a smashing poignant biopic of the last 25 years.

In fact quite emotional by the end.

Anyone who wants to listen to the podcast but would only like to hear the section on the Martyrs, it begins 35 minutes into the broadcast and lasts for 7 minutes. The podcast will be available on line for the next 30 days or you could download it to your hard-drive or MP3 player.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  GordonTheGopher Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 am

Just listened to the podcast what a great show, i listened to the complete programme very interesting good coverage of the Non League i will certainly listen to future shows. Smile
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  A465 Martyr Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 am

"We own our football club". Quality. Nice piece and a good podcast all-round, fairplay.

Up the - cooperatively run - Martyrs of Merthyr Town!
A465 Martyr
A465 Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:08 pm

John Strand wrote:Rich you needed to head for Radio London FM (not DAB) - have to pick up podcast.

The coverage was good with lots of quotes from you among many others.

Don't know if you heard it old sod, but the item following was an interviiew with our old boss Neil Chambers about his book about Darlaston Town.

Just listened to it and enjoyed the coverage. It summed up what we're about. Yes, John, I stayed listening to hear Chubby Chambers. Sounds exactly the same as he was when he had the privilege of managing us. I think he took early retirement and moved back home to help care for his old dad and obviously enjoyed writing his book. He used to come up the Park when he lived in Cardiff usually when we were playing a team from the Midlands.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:43 pm

fistral10 wrote:Thanks, but I'll wait for the podcast!
Wandering wrote:The podcast will be available on line for the next 30 days or you could download it to your hard-drive or MP3 player.
Bl**dy hell - who say you cant teach (very) old dogs new tricks?!!

Next week: John Strand - Little Mix v the Saturdays - you decide.

Could someone pls post the link.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  A465 Martyr Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:34 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/nonleague - newest episode (21).
A465 Martyr
A465 Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next