Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v Hendon

2 posters

Go down

Merthyr v Hendon Empty Merthyr v Hendon

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:18 am

Merthyr Town 1 Hendon 1
Daniel Matsuzaka 25  mins for Hendon. 30 Frazer Thomas brought down but Rees penalty saved. 79 mins Tom Handley got the ball  over the line in a scramble., despite Hendon protests.  After viewing the footage, the goal has been credited to Ricardo Rees for the initial shot. In the scramble Handley later put the ball over the line and so was at first awarded the goal.

Any news of Yorwerth??
I think the report submitted to the Non-League Paper is incorrect as it says Bracknell are a point behind Merthyr. I believe both teams are on 64 points.

Last edited by Tim Drummond on Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:15 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : update)

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Hendon Empty Re: Merthyr v Hendon

Post  martyrmark Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:47 am

Once again, Hendon manager Allinson won the tactical battle. He knows the way we play and has got a creditable record against us. Will gladly take the point, but again in my opinion, it’s two more dropped at home. Moving on, we surely have to play a front two pairing for the final three ‘must win games?’ A packed midfield and limited front runners will not be enough to cause problems and pressure on opposition defences. (Regularly witnessed.) A question was asked about the whereabouts of Yorwerth? Again, that’s becoming part of the guessing game. If he was available (or not) he probably would have lined up on the bench, making it three centre backs there, which hardly reads ‘an attacking alternative.’ Stokes was on the scoresheet last week and was absent for this. Also, Livermore was recently stretchered off, and on reports, had a suspected broken toe. All of a sudden he makes the team today. The club keeps asking ‘Pack The Park,’ and all I’m asking is, ‘Give Us Some Updates.’

martyrmark

Back to top Go down