Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v hungerford

3 posters

Go down

Merthyr v hungerford Empty Merthyr v hungerford

Post  scamp Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:07 pm

Brilliant display from the boys today
The only downside was to see Livermore carried off on a stretcher what seems a serious injury
The first goal was scored by Lewis Twamley followed by Ricardo and gethin hill provided a third with a great header
Bracknell are close on our heels for a play off place who had a good 5-1 win against Sholing
They are only two points behind with same number of games

scamp

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v hungerford Empty Re: Merthyr v hungerford

Post  martyrmark Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:24 pm

I read before kick off, that Hungerford had six players out for today’s game, but that takes nothing away from a well earned 3 points, that felt like a 6 pointer and all clubs suffer the same way, but at different stages of the season. Looks like Livermore will be missing for a period of time, after just returning from his suspension. Hopefully, the rest of the squad will avoid such injuries during the run in. We’ve just got to believe and get that confidence back, to remain in the play off position.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:40 pm

Listened to the Hungerford manager’s post match comments, on alleged racist chants from home fans to one of his players. I understand, that he was booed for historic events, between Merthyr and his previous club Farnborough? The piece I didn’t like, was his added remarks that, ‘we know it’s happened here before.’ In my opinion, he needs to back up his own comments with proof.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v hungerford Empty Merthyr v Hungerford

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:05 pm

Yes, the Hungerford manager in praising Merthyr's performance, manager, coaching staff, and the Penydarren Park stadium, seemed angry at what he alleged were racist remar ks. I don't know what previous incident he was referring to, not obviously when Hungerford played at Merthyr!
Three people who were at the Theatre Royal end told me at the interval they had not heard a racist comment but it could have been construed as one! Their manager even said he should have taken his players off the field! Another young fan said on social media that there weren't any racist comments.
If comments were made referring to the season when the player was at Farnborough, then presumably any alleged comment was made by someone who was at that game. I think at the endof that match a Merthyr player was alleged to have been struck by a brick.
The security staff today and Gethyn Hill went over to the Theatre Royal end after play was halted, acting promptly. We aren't aware of what the player said to the refere referring to the alleged comment, I am sure the club will assess the situation and issue a statement. The Hungerford manager even seemed to think that the incident over -shadowed the football.
The worst incident I can remember with Merthyr was away in a Midland Division game when some home fans chanted "Aberfan." They were soon dealt with.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v hungerford Empty MERTHYR V HUNGERFORD

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:13 pm

The club have quickly issued a statement which appears on their club site and they are liasing with all concerned to investigate, adding they will not tolerate any racist or disciminatory remarks.
Merthyr supporters have posted on social media the inciident referred to when the player concerned was playing for Farnborough two years ago.

Last edited by Tim Drummond on Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition.)

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down