Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiverton inspection

3 posters

Go down

Tiverton inspection Empty Tiverton inspection

Post  Tim Drummond Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:07 pm

9am pitch inspection at Tiverton tomorrow.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Tiverton inspection Empty Re: Tiverton inspection

Post  martyrmark Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:07 pm

I doubt if anyone knows but, has Craig Norman, who played against Hendon on Tuesday, signed for us or, did he just ‘help us out?’

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:22 am

I would like to think he’s signed for us hopefully,he’s the kind of player we need

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:34 am

I’m just off to Tiverton and it would be nice to know if he was in the squad.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Tiverton inspection Empty Tiverton Inspection

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:09 am

Players have to ACTUALLY SIGN for a club;  they just can't "help out" as they have to  be registered with the league and the Welsh FA And you can't be registered with more than one club in Wales at a time as you can in England. But it is possible for a player to sign for a club and then sign back for his earlier club - in that sense of "helping out." Enjoy the trip to Tvvy; hope of another point or two.
When there were newspapers, The South Wales Echo would preview Merthyr's games, including the squad.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:49 am

What I meant was, is it a temporary or permanent signing? Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and even this Forum is instant and up to date news. Newspapers are yesterday’s news. No excuses for lack of updates.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Tiverton inspection Empty Tiverton Inspection

Post  Tim Drummond Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:17 am

I know what you meant. I suppose it is up to the player whether he wants  to stay or go back to Mardy and whether he thinks he can command a regular place with The Martyrs .All Merthyr players are non-contract and so are not committed to any club for any length of time.
I just mentioned newspapers because that  was my background and the previews were sometimes out of date on match day, even with the South Wales Echo. But, true, with the Internet, you can get more update information quickly. On the other hand, Mackenzie Thomas was employed by the club as Press and Media Officer for the past three seasons but this season it has been left to club secretary Jack  Hodgkins to conduct post-match interviews. But I think it was Mackenzie  again after the Hendon game. He  was interviewed on  BBC Radio Wales last Saturday as a member of the Penydarren BGC in a slot on grassroots clubs.But he wants to go into broadcasting.

Of course, journalists  might ask different  questions and clubs publicise only what they want their supporters   to know.
Enjoy game. Always a good welcome at Tivvy.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum