Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Merthyr v Salisbury

2 posters

Go down

Merthyr v Salisbury Empty Merthyr v Salisbury

Post  Tim Drummond Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Merthyr (ninth in the table) host Salisbury (fourth) on Tuesday night (7.45pm).
The Martyrs have eight points from past four games whereas Salisbury have won three in a row.
Salisbury are in good spirits for the game but say Merthyr will make it harder for them following their likely disappointment after not winning in Beaconsfield.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Merthyr v Salisbury Empty Re: Merthyr v Salisbury

Post  martyrmark Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:03 am

I thought I’d enquire before, rather than after tonight’s game and
I understand it’s a long shot but, any news on the availability or whereabouts even, of Kerry Morgan, Owain Jones, Tom Meechan
and Camden Duncan (who was a sub, the game before last), these days? I know I’ll get an answer at 7:45pm but, the anticipation is almost killing me......... again.
The question isn’t directed at any personnel in particular at HQ, as we know they can get easily offended. Never mind, not long to wait now. ⏰

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:26 am

I assume Kerry Morgan is still injured as he was at the last home game.Yes, Camden Duncan was sub at Dorchester but not at Beaconsfield. I don't know whether Tom Meechan and Owain Jones are injured. I did mention it here recently but I don't know what the situation is.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:29 am

Salisbury say on their website that after three wins in a row, they are hopeful of "getting something" at Merthyr. But they add that Merthyr will doubtless be disappointed at not beating Beaconsfield and so that will make the game harder for Salisbury.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  martyrmark Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:30 am

Thanks Tim, I saw that too. Also, on Salisbury’s
Twitter, Steve Claridge gives his views on tonight’s game
and players of his squad, who are unavailable, due to injury or
illness. See..... we seem to know more about the opposition than
our own squad. So annoying.

martyrmark

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Merthyr Town 1 Salisbury 1. The Martyrs produced their best battling display this season but a goal five minutes into time added on,when Merthyr were down to 10 men, left the home side in despair and with just a point.The leveller was grabbed from close range by Leroy Lita, a former Bristol City, Reading, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Barnsley (among other clubs). Lita, Merthyr manager Gavin Williams, reckoned is probably on a wage about half of the Merthyr budget. Merthyr played well in all departments and led on two minutes by Eliot Richards,former Bristol Rovers midfielder.They needed a second goal in their bid for maximum points but it didn't come. The visitors, introducing substitutes, did push Merthyr back and that equaliser came after only three minutes extra had been signalled. Merthyr were dealt a blow also with defender Dan Summerfield being helped off with an ankle injury, meaning he is likely to miss Saturday's FA Trophy tie at Cinderford. Merthyr's Gethyn Hill and Alex Harris are former Cinderford players.Salisbury stay fourth, Merthyr dropping to 10th. What was disappointing was a poor gate of 372 (although the best gate in their division on the night. You would have expected more against a top side and on a mild and dry night.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Drummond Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:08 pm

RE the query on some players- Owain Jones came on as a substitute.Kerry Morgan still on injured list.

Tim Drummond

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down