Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supporters Meeting

+12
Old Sod
Boz1964
scamp
Barneyboy
cliffyboy
Solihull Martyr
rustic
hirwaunman
Merthyr Imp
wewster
Nubs
MartyrMann
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Supporters Meeting  Empty Supporters Meeting

Post  MartyrMann Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:28 pm

Anyone know what the start time is for the supporters meeting this Thursday?
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Supporters Meeting  Empty Re: Supporters Meeting

Post  Nubs Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 pm

According to Twitter, 7pm in Romans.
Nubs
Nubs

Back to top Go down

Post  wewster Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:08 pm

Is it an open meeting that any one can attend on Thursday

wewster

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:29 pm

Nubs wrote:According to Twitter, 7pm in Romans.

Thank you
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:11 pm

wewster wrote:Is it an open meeting that any one can attend on Thursday

It is according to the website - 'all our supporters':

http://www.merthyrtownfc.co.uk/news/supporters-meeting-on-august-3rd-with-a-gavin-williams-qa/
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  hirwaunman Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:05 am

Unfortunately I shall be unable to attend the meeting, but It was good to read that the manager is playing a waiting game over new signings, and has possible new recruits in the pipeline.
That should go some way towards reassuring supporters who have been understandably concerned about replacements for players who have left. It should also help ensure that the meeting is conducted in a calm, respectful and constructive way.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  MartyrMann Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:40 am

hirwaunman wrote:Unfortunately I shall be unable to attend the meeting, but It was good to read that the manager is playing a waiting game over new signings, and has possible new recruits in the pipeline.
That should go some way towards reassuring supporters who have been understandably concerned about replacements for players who have left. It should also help ensure that the meeting is conducted in a calm, respectful and constructive way.

Where did you read this??
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:44 am

I hope there is some surplus oil in that plpeline to enable us to afford those players.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:11 pm

I'll ask again... Any chance of streaming over the Interweb for those of us who cannot make it in person please?
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:28 pm

Well that would be brilliant if possible?

Can't make it myself, there will be a few staunch Martyr's supporters travelling over from Bristol.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:32 am

Would somebody be kind enough to let us know the the outcome of the meeting due to so many being unable to attend

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 pm

The romans bar was full of martyrs supporters.The meeting was chaired by Anthony Hughes who with john strand and old sod did a very good job in answering the numerous questions thrown at them.Gavin made an appearance but could not give any information on players at this stage.All will be revealed early next week.

scamp

Back to top Go down

Supporters Meeting  Empty Supporting Cast

Post  Boz1964 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Regrettably, I couldn't make the meeting due to my son's latest cruciate knee scan in Cardiff at the same time, but it sounds like any crisis has been averted.

Let's hope that ALL supporters can rally around the Club and Team and that with such an unsettling pre-season that 'normal service' can be resumed and like my son's home and away legs regain balance.

Boz

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Barneyboy Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks scamp for that,could anyone divulge what some of the questions and answers were.

Barneyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:48 am

Barneyboy wrote:Thanks scamp for that,could anyone divulge what some of the questions and answers were.

Hopefully within the next few days.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:09 am

Boz1964 wrote:Regrettably, I couldn't make the meeting due to my son's latest cruciate knee scan in Cardiff at the same time, but it sounds like any crisis has been averted.

Let's hope that ALL supporters can rally around the Club and Team and that with such an unsettling pre-season that 'normal service' can be resumed and like my son's home and away legs regain balance.

Boz

Hope your right Boz but I came away quite dismayed at the situation. A 5 figure overdraft obtained to meet current liabilities together with underestimating VAT liability by a considerable amount means our Financial Controls need to be far stronger and more stringent going forward. IMO a more prudent approach need to be adopted and if that means more unpalatable decisions  having to be made in the near future then so be it if we are to survive and flourish and have a successful Football Club.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Supporters Meeting  Empty Ditto Paul

Post  Pontymartyr Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:18 am

Have to agree with PT on this one, hopefully, the current financial situation are not the roots of past events, if tough decisions have to be made then crack on.
#PROGRESS THROUGH STABILITY

Pontymartyr

Back to top Go down

Post  cliffyboy Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:52 am

A post on Facebook saying the Sky TV will be terminated as a cost cutting exercise, saving £7,000 a year. The figures quoted on Facebook re the current debt are quite alarming.

cliffyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:34 am

Thanks for the information but it looks like trying times ahead.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:31 am

there were I think two members who thought that the minutes were not given out early enough .It might be a good idea if they put their name forward perhaps to act as a minute secretary to carry out this task.This would give old sod some lee way to keep up his excellent work of providing us with match reports particularly as imp is now moving on to pastures green with lincoln

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  fistral10 Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:11 am

Having previously been an "owner", one of the things I was surprised at was the inordinate length of time it took to prepare and circulate Board minutes. On the occasions I actually received them they rarely exceeded two sides of A4, so it seems reasonable to prepare and circulate them to Board members for approval within a week, then distribute them to owners prior to the next meeting.
From scamp's post it appears that match reports take precedence over minutes, but personally I'm overjoyed that this season there'll be one less insufferably long report taking over the forum on match days. I expect Lincoln fans will barely be able to sleep tonight with the anticipation of reading the Wycombe Wanderers (away) match report tomorrow evening.

fistral10

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:15 am

What scamp suggests is an example of so many things - however small - that could be done to help with the running and presentation of the club if only people would put themselves forward to do them.

But I've been banging on about that subject at intervals for the last seven years in the programme, so as I've said on the other thread - that's me done.

'Green pastures' - yes, it'll be strange to see games played on grass again!

Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:28 am

I agree with imp any little job that can be done is a bonus.I too have been a board member for a number of years in the past and it is a daunting and worrying and time consuming task.i am surprised you do not appreciate the match reports on the forum particularly from away matches which many of us cannot attend.I know many of my friends do appreciate them and the solution is if you do not want to read them ignore them

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:40 am

fistral10 wrote: personally I'm overjoyed that this season there'll be one less insufferably long report taking over the forum on match days.

Well you could always have waited and read the 220-word version in The Non-League Paper.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:47 am

Which will cost you £ 1.50 Mad Mad

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down