Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shock News!

3 posters

Go down

Shock News! Empty Shock News!

Post  Merthyr Imp Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:42 am

On my way to the ground this morning I found the fence at the bottom of The Steps was no longer there. I couldn't see a fence at the top either so clambered up them. I'd forgotten how much of a short cut it made.

A couple of hours later I was able to go back down again, but I don't know if they are now officially open again or not - we'll see what the situation is tomorrow.

No work has been done on the steps and they are as uneven as ever, with now plenty of weeds in evidence. While it would be OK going up them, I must admit I for one would think twice about going down them on a dark Tuesday night.  

Whether they were just temporarily open I don't know, but if it's official then in view of comments that have been made in the past no doubt we'll be seeing an increase in the attendance figures at matches.

Last edited by Merthyr Imp on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo')
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Shock News! Empty Re: Shock News!

Post  Twyn Jasper Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:25 am

Well done Imp, great news for me, I for one will use them, and I understand it is possible buy a cheap portable light called a torch that could be used for those dark and dismal evening games.
Cheers mate!

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Was there a woman there who was certain everything shining was a precious metal, and looking to purchase the damn thing was there...?!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:48 am

And the Steps were still open today. For some reason I'm finding it takes me longer to climb them than it used to 11 years ago.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down