Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kerry Morgan departs

+14
stevie g
rustic
douggolfer
Risca Martyr
bluebird
nocturnalme
Gethdavies123
Merthyr Imp
scamp
CF34martyr
Solihull Martyr
hirwaunman
Boz1964
MartyrMann
18 posters

Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty Kerry Morgan departs

Post  MartyrMann Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:49 pm

Kerry Morgan has left the club

Quote from Steve Jenkins

“Kerry wants to play first team football on a regular basis, but with the squad that I have I am unable to guarantee him this. I spoke to him and it is best for him that he moves on and plays as much as he can.”
MartyrMann
MartyrMann

Back to top Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty Re: Kerry Morgan departs

Post  Boz1964 Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:12 pm

A bitter blow to a topsy-turvy season and it sends a negative message to our local talent.

If a player of the quality of Morgan cannot get a game who can?

A bigger blow than the loss of Green in my opinion .

However, I wish Kerry all the best wherever he plays he will shine as he has always done in a Martyrs shirt.

A sad day for our Club.

Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty Re: Kerry Morgan Departs

Post  hirwaunman Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:21 pm

I confess this is the closest I have ever come to questioning one of SJ's decisions. Kerry has been a hard worker, crowd pleaser and brilliant impact player. He will surely be snapped up by a Welsh Premier League team or one of our SL rivals (or Hereford, perhaps?) and I wish him well.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:22 pm

Have to agree Boz
I know not everyones cup of tea, but a quality player in my opinion.
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  CF34martyr Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:23 pm

valeMartyr wrote:Kerry Morgan has left the club

Quote from Steve Jenkins

“Kerry wants to play first team football on a regular basis, but with the squad that I have I am unable to guarantee him this. I spoke to him and it is best for him that he moves on and plays as much as he can.”

I'm gutted to hear the news of Kerry's departure,he is a real character and always gives 100%.
I don't normally comment on management decisions,as I'm not privy to all the facts,
however,I think someone of Kerry's calibre is rarely available in the transfer market.
The following is taken from the club site.

"Manager Steve Jenkins said “Kerry wants to play first team football on a regular basis, but with the squad that I have I am unable to guarantee him this. I spoke to him and it is best for him that he moves on and plays as much as he can.”

Morgan has made 109 appearances for the club, scoring 30 goals. The club would like to thank Kerry for his service over the last two and a half years, and we wish him well in the future."

Have any of our recent acquisitions shown anything close to that record. Crying or Very sad
A massive loss in any terms,and in my view a very short sighted decision considering our lack of natural goal scorers in what I consider to be an unbalanced squad.

All the best for the future Kerry.

CF34martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:33 pm

This will not go down with the supporters I like to know who Steve considers any one in the squad any better.Sorry Steve you are talking a load of b- ---ocks

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Not good news. I agree with Solihull and hirwaunman and he's good enough in my opinion to play at the level above.

Without naming names, I would always have had him in the team ahead of one or two other players, but since about midway through last season he never seems to have been a first choice, so his departure is maybe no real surprise.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Gethdavies123 Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:05 pm

He's signed for port talbot.

Gethdavies123

Back to top Go down

Post  nocturnalme Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:39 pm

I've said for a long time that Steve Jenkins seems to have something against him and this, apparently, is the case. Kerry's been one of my favourite players - scores and creates goals, gives 100%, can turn a game around. I wish him all the best and just hope Jenkins has a quality replacement lined up.
nocturnalme
nocturnalme

Back to top Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty Re-Kerry Morgan departs

Post  bluebird Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:34 am

GUTTED !!..Quality player..Quality Lad,can we really afford to let talent/impact of Kerry's ability go ?

bluebird

Back to top Go down

Post  Risca Martyr Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:29 am

This hasn't got anything to do with Kerry's ability, I just think it was a personality thing. That's probably why he wasn't playing as much as he (and we!) liked.
Club's lose good players all the time and move on, we just have to trust SJ's judgement and hope we get a quality replacement.
Anyway, all the best Kerry, I'm sure you'll be a big success at Port Talbot!
Risca Martyr
Risca Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:46 am

like a lot of users on this forme i dont take any pleasure in critersing management decisions ,but feel its time to change my outlook, i was led to believe a managers job was to do what is best for the team !!!!! if it is ture that kerry
is not playing regularly because of personal reasons between the management team then this needs to be sorted A S A P!!!!!! i have great respect for S J and have sat in owners meets and listened to him taking questions,and he as alwas impressed me with his passion and intent on taking the club to the next level , he was the only one in the meetings to speak sense, alas i think he as got this one wrong, as i stated after the Pool game , how S J could play a player who is due to leave the club and leave kerry on the bench is beyond me , it may be that Kerry is not a ninty minute man but is definitiely a impack player, the Pool game could have done with someone of Kerrys pace, look at the problems corey caused, prosser as be a revelation this seasonand i pay great tribute to him (and his beard) but don't think this was the game for him,the pool back four were huge,as usual pross tried his guts out but their defence were to disiplined and did not lose meany of the aerial battles,
i hope kerrys leaving as nothing to do with personal reasons, management and players have to be stronger and leave their personal reasons at home.
we've lost a 100% merther man, supports man and marter through and through big loss.
i wish him great success!!!! Port Talbot have a brillant acquisition!!!!! thanks for all you've done for the town,
best of luck mate.

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty Re: Kerry Morgan Departs

Post  hirwaunman Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:38 am

Like every one else on this forum, I'm disappointed that Kerry has gone and I'm puzzled about what might have brought about his departure. His demeanour on the pitch suggests that he might be a feisty character, and that, if its true, may or may not have something to do with what's happened. But it's neither reasonable nor practical for us to know the ins and outs of the dynamics and relationships within the team and between the team and management. The club has one manager, not 500, and those are matters which SJ has to deal with and make judgements about. Regretful though I am, I'm willing to assume that SJ had good reason for deciding to let Kerry go - Steve has done well for us and I'm impressed with how he is turning our fortunes around after the turmoil brought about by key departures, injuries and suspensions earlier in the season.

hirwaunman

Back to top Go down

Post  rustic Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:01 am

I agree with you imp someone will have to be brought in to replace him,there is nobody knows what goes on between a manager and his player's and rightly so.I suppose we are all good managers but only one makes the decisions and that's S.J.and his decision is made,on a personal note I could pick at least 3 players to go before Kerry.Free forum great everyone can express their opinion,all the best Kerry.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Kerry Morgan departs Empty kerry morgan departs

Post  stevie g Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:36 am

good luck Kerry in your new club(Port Talbot)you will be missed by everyone

stevie g

Back to top Go down

Post  Twyn Jasper Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:28 am

Disappointed does not is any way show how absolutely livid I am at losing one of our best players who was desperate to play for us, what have you done Steve?

Twyn Jasper

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:36 am

People have mentioned about another player being brought in to replace Kerry, but possibly that's already happened with the signing of Keyon Reffell. I know he's played as a central striker so far, but he looks well suited to playing out wide.

There doesn't seem any point in signing a like-for-like replacement for Kerry Morgan when we've already got plenty of players for that position - Corey Jenkins, Jon Brown, Jaye Bowen, Reffell - not to mention Ian Traylor.

Maybe another player could be brought into the squad, but my own view is a central midfield player is what's needed.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  scamp Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:03 am

Sorry but no disrespect to Jon brown and Bowen but for them to fit in Kerry position is absurd.Brown was signed to play in a forward position and has yet not scored a single goal for us.Bowen is young and is still learning.We all feel that Kerry deserved to be in the team more than some other players but on the other hand Steve is the manager and he has to make the right decisions.It seems at the moment at least we are heading in the right direction and has I said before as long as we stay up I will be happy

scamp

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 am

Are we not losing Bond soon?? Our problem is midfield, at the moment we have no one of the caliber of Harris or Williams i.'d like to see Hugh given a run in that poison !!!!!! The debate on Kerry may go on for a while but life as to move on, so let's hope S J as a player in mind to strengthen the side !!!!!! Onwards and up .

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:10 pm

I'm sure SJ only made this decision after discussing with Kerry to ensure this was right for both Kerry and the Club. IMO Steve is a top class Manager at our level and we are lucky to have him and I trust him to make the right decisions now and in the future.

As regards Kerry I would like to wish him well and hope he gets regular football for Port Talbot and also would thank him for his contribution in helping us to regain our SLP status.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  WSCEvans Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:57 pm

A terrible blow to the club a tremendous player over the last few seasons and Im sure his departure leaves us all with some great memories. His work rate could never be questioned, and if i was the gaffer he would be one of the first on the team sheet. Sadly I am not privy to dressing room going on's and its a case of in Jenkins we trust. I would like to think the lack of first team football is a genuine reason for him moving on and of course WPL players are often on higher salaries than we can offer. But...... If he was playing regularly he would not be moving on and like for like I would have had him on the team sheet. All the best good luck at PTT.
WSCEvans
WSCEvans

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:47 am

To be honest I am surprised that he stayed so long. It was obvious to all supporters that there was something wrong. Good luck to Kerry.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down