Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eagle has landed

5 posters

Go down

The Eagle has landed Empty The Eagle has landed

Post  Radio DJ Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:51 am

Well that great day that everyone has worked towards over the past 7/8 years has finally arrived.
    It almost seems unreal that the team has achieved a championship winning promotion with games to spare . All who were at the Cigg - e stadium today witnessed a quality performance against albeit a poor opposing team .
It goes without saying that next season will not be easy but there is great camaraderie within the squad and in Steve Jenkins we have a manager with  determination  to succeed by playing good passing football .
Onwards and upwards then but we should just pause for a moment to applaud all the people behind the scenes - from caterers and car park attendants ,editors , turnstile operators and programme / draw tickets sellers , committee and stewarding personnel , sponsors, "save the martyrs " contributors and supporters , media men Solihull Martyr ,Matt the Martyr and Peter Harman , club board members , trainers ,physios , secretarys - you are all simply champion !
..... finally time to reflect on all who have gone before us and made a contribution to our present success - thank you and be proud to have been associated with a great community football club .
  .......  ` If I do it and fail - I tried !

Last edited by Radio DJ on Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Radio DJ

Back to top Go down

The Eagle has landed Empty Re: The Eagle has landed

Post  rustic Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:28 pm

Well said DJ a tremendous team effort by everyone, congratulations to you all.

rustic

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:32 pm

Well done Radio DJ ....your message is music to my ears....proud of the entire Merthyr Community....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:13 am

Great post by Radio DJ.

As you say, many have put in a tremendous amount of work over the last 8 years or so to work towards a sustainable club set up. Let's not forget also the people who have given their time freely under a variety of club owners over 40 years or more and are still keen supporters.

On top of the satisfaction of developing the club, we also have the reward of seeing a team of excellent players superbly managed and organised by Steve Jenkins and his management team, playing winning football in a style which I personally think is as attractive as anything I can remember at Penydarren Park.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Eagle has landed Empty Champions

Post  OWNES1 Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:31 am

Any chance of some free glue.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:17 am

Thank you OWNES ....but we are not longer in solvent....we are now firmly in the black and this Evo hopes we will stick to the Premier well next season...the Party in the Park move on to Yate on the weekend....are you free to move Saturday...?....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum