Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VVP Tenders?

+5
Wandering
Solihull Martyr
douggolfer
Admin
Cyfarthfa
9 posters

Go down

VVP Tenders? Empty VVP Tenders?

Post  Cyfarthfa Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

Any news for Society Members on who has won the Tender or a Date when the successful Tender will be announced as it's less than 3 weeks before the project is due to Start.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

VVP Tenders? Empty Re: VVP Tenders?

Post  Admin Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:55 pm

The successful contractor should be settled and announced in the next week or so

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:15 am

It was stated in the supports meeting regarding the
project that a contractor would be commissioned by the 4/2/15!!!!
can you please confirm the reason for the delay???

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:27 pm

We are progressing towards the appointment of a contractor in the next week. Everything is being done to reach as speedy conclusion as possible. An update will be provided when the contractor is appointed.

Admin
Admin

https://mtfcforum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:44 am

Admin wrote:We are progressing towards the appointment of a contractor in the next week. Everything is being done to reach as speedy conclusion as possible. An update will be provided when the contractor is appointed.

Any update as work is due to commence in 7 days.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:55 am

I understand that an appointment has been made...?
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:45 am

With no official announcement from the Club the following is only my guess-work.

We know the original closing date for the tender was early February and the intention was to appoint the successful contractor quickly, before starting on site in early March.

Unfortunately, John Strand was admitted to hospital for an operation last week (I hope that went well and John makes a full recovery) and Meurig is currently on holidays (He's back later this week I understand).

Both have been heavily involved in the VVP process and if any company has been selected I suspect that contracts cannot be signed until someone with the required authority at the club is available to add their signature to the agreement needed to enter into the formal partnership to spend the grant money.

In the absence of any update from the Board we can only speculate what the current situation is and keep our fingers crossed!

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  douggolfer Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:45 am

Sorry to hear about John hopefully he'll be out of hospital soon.
I think we need to get this project up and running
A.S A P I was under the impression that there is a project manager
Overseeing the contract surely he or his team would be in powered to
sign the contract, my fear is we hit snags whilst building as we did with
the car park, we have to remember this build as to be completed in just over a year
time is of the essence

douggolfer

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:54 am

douggolfer wrote:I was under the impression that there is a project manager
Overseeing the contract surely he or his team would be in powered to
sign the contract
With no news from the Club it was only my attempt at second guessing the current position.

I have no idea whether or not a successful contractor has been selected but as the tenders have now closed that should be the next stage, after they have been properly assessed.

If a potential contractor has been approached then both parties would need to sign a legally binding contract, for this work which is costing in excess of £1million.

At the moment it is all speculation until the Club make an official announcement.

The timescales quoted at the meeting with supporters were always going to be very tight but you are right about further potential delays for unforeseen works when the project does commence.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 am

Hopefully an update can be provided to Society Members (perhaps by E Mail) in the next few days explaining the delay before the official announcement by the Club is made when the Contact has been signed.

Would also like to wish John a speedy recovery and hope it will not be too long before we see him back at the helm as he has done a superb job as the lead together with all of the Board members in obtaining funding for this magnificent project.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:59 pm

Yes, hope JS gets better soon!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:47 am

KPT1950 wrote:Hopefully an update can be provided to Society Members (perhaps by E Mail) in the next few days explaining the delay before the official announcement by the Club.
After receiving regular newsletters since August 2014 by email (with hard copies provided at the turnstiles), they now appear to have stopped. The last edition was received by Trust members on 13th January, one week after the public meeting held in the Candac Suite.

There has been no further newsletter issued in the last six weeks and perhaps Old Sod could indicate if there is any intention to issue another newsletter in the near future?

I suspect that he is waiting to be provided with some news from the Board so that he can produce Issue 7.

We can also assume that until an announcement is made by the Club that a successful contractor has been appointed, that no work will actually start at the ground even though we were originally told that the project would commence on site in the first week in March.

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:47 am

Agree Wandering. IMO it would be nice if the Board could provide a short update to all members by E Mail ASAP to advise the reasons for the delay.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:34 am

Wandering wrote:
KPT1950 wrote:Hopefully an update can be provided to Society Members (perhaps by E Mail) in the next few days explaining the delay before the official announcement by the Club.
After receiving regular newsletters since August 2014 by email (with hard copies provided at the turnstiles), they now appear to have stopped. The last edition was received by Trust members on 13th January, one week after the public meeting held in the Candac Suite.

There has been no further newsletter issued in the last six weeks and perhaps Old Sod could indicate if there is any intention to issue another newsletter in the near future?

I suspect that he is waiting to be provided with some news from the Board so that he can produce Issue 7.

We can also assume that until an announcement is made by the Club that a successful contractor has been appointed, that no work will actually start at the ground even though we were originally told that the project would commence on site in the first week in March.
There should be one issued in the run up to the Tivvy game with e copies available in the week before and hard copies available at the game.  I haven't had chance to produce an issue since the January one due to time constraints but I can assure you one will be available soon with all the up to date information in my possession.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Wandering Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:13 am

Thanks Phil.

We can all look forward to reading that.

It's good to talk!

Wandering

Back to top Go down

Post  Solihull Martyr Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Old Sod wrote:I haven't had chance to produce an issue since the January one due to time constraints...
You're not back making life difficult for those of us trying to earn an honest crust are you?!
Solihull Martyr
Solihull Martyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Solihull Martyr wrote:
Old Sod wrote:I haven't had chance to produce an issue since the January one due to time constraints...
You're not back making life difficult for those of us trying to earn an honest crust are you?!
Not a chance, matey.  My eldest does that sort of thing now!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

VVP Tenders? Empty VVP Tenders?

Post  gatekeeper Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:53 pm

with regards to the formentioned work we are holding a disability football festival on the 12th april
im just wondering will the work affect anything to do with the game on this day who do i see about the cafe players safety as this is for disability football would it be possible to get the scaffolding boarded up from ground level to first level just to make sure nobody climbs onto it and will the club issue a risk assesment notice before hand i need to sort out all of theses issues within the next few days can anybody help with this
gatekeeper
gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:51 am

gatekeeper wrote:with regards to the formentioned work we are holding a disability football festival on the 12th april
im just wondering will the work affect anything to do with the game on this day who do i see about the cafe  players safety as this is for disability football would it be possible to get the scaffolding boarded up from ground level to first level just to make sure nobody climbs onto it and will the club issue a risk assesment notice before hand i need to sort out all of theses issues within the next few days can anybody help with this
You would need to contact Rob Price, our VVP Implementation Manager regarding this as opposed to asking via a Forum.  His contact details are on the MTFC site or in previous Newsletters.  On the subject of Newsletters I hope to get this online either later today or tomorrow with hard copies available on Saturday.
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Merthyr Imp Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:36 am

[quote="Old SodYou would need to contact Rob Price, our VVP Implementation Manager regarding this as opposed to asking via a Forum.  His contact details are on the MTFC site or in previous Newsletters.  [/quote]

And also in the match programme.
Merthyr Imp
Merthyr Imp

Back to top Go down

Post  Old Sod Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:59 am

Merthyr Imp wrote:[quote="Old SodYou would need to contact Rob Price, our VVP Implementation Manager regarding this as opposed to asking via a Forum.  His contact details are on the MTFC site or in previous Newsletters. 

And also in the match programme.[/quote]

Sorry Malc!
Old Sod
Old Sod

Back to top Go down

Post  Cyfarthfa Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:52 am

Could someone from the Board involved in overseeing this project please advise when Society members will be provided with an update on this development. It is now nearly 4 weeks since we were advised work would commence on 1st of March and there is still no news on who has secured the Tender other than a mention in the Mar newsletter that a further meeting would be held shortly to update supporters.

A positive response would be appreciated ASAP, Thank you.

Cyfarthfa

Back to top Go down

VVP Tenders? Empty vvp tenders

Post  stevie g Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:10 pm

when the hell is it going to start and hasn't the money got to be spent by a certain time

stevie g

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum