Merthyr Town FC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's hammer time

3 posters

Go down

It's hammer time Empty It's hammer time

Post  Boz1964 Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:47 am

Once again the Merthyr faithful were treated to another 93 minutes of tremendous live entertainment.

Paulton for the first 25 minutes looked a classy outfit coming forward against our reshuffled back line and I do think that if they had scored a third it would ave been so different.

Their number 8 was giving our full backs nightmares.

But for the second week on the trot attacking the theatre end the ghosts of Bill Hullett & Jarman & co helped us turn the tide.

Paulton looked a completely different on the back foot..the first goal coming from the first wonderful flick on from Gary Log Colbourne that still had splinters on the ball as Rewbs headed it into the net.

Like Elton Johns honeymoon it was end to end stuff as a wonderful cross from the Dan (The new Johnny Owen) Summerfield found the head of the diminutive Kerry Morgan at skirting board height to bullet it into the far corner.

For a second home game in succession the cult of Kerry Morgan left their keeper spellbound.

And if the game couldn't get any classier the silkly skills of our strikers took over.

The second half seemed as if Merthyr had twelve players on the pitch as a wonderful dribbling run from the left foot of Ryan Charles who passed to the Right foot of Ryan Laville who played several one twos in a schizophrenic fashion as he left defender after defender eating his ffos y fran dust.

And then up to the plate stepped our new signing Gavin Williams to hit the back of the Paulton net with slightly more power than a Aaron Cornwall penalty .

They all count and if I was a judge or a retired premiership player on a reality show I would have given it ten out of ten ....strictly speaking.

The speed of the shot left me mouth agape and dribbling.

Like West Ham fans I too was blowing bubbles.

Great game ...another great comeback...but please don't make a habit of it my oversized heart of Merthyr cant take it...great entertainment and all for £9.00 which does not hammer my pocket.

It's a mystery to me.

If Thomas Hitzelberger can come out....why cant the Merthyr public?

Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

It's hammer time Empty Re: It's hammer time

Post  GordonTheGopher Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:02 pm

What a fantastic afternoon a great game of football 3-2 win and all for £9, sorry £10 with 50-50_ £145.50p thankyou YES.
And yes Boz1964 I can now buy some new straw for my burrow. Razz Razz 
GordonTheGopher
GordonTheGopher

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:27 pm

You won't gopher on that....premiership players earn that every second they are on the pitch....but glad to see the fifty fifty going to a regular fan and someone that has worked tirelessly on painting the ground this season....perhaps a new players 'tunnel ' next on the agenda?.....Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  OWNES1 Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:58 am

JUST READ YOUR UPDATE, WITTY AS EVER. IN RELATION TO RYAN DO YOU THINK HE HAS "CHUCLE SYNDROME" TO ME TO YOU.

OWNES1

Back to top Go down

Post  Boz1964 Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:45 am

I think you are right Ownes ....I hope these posts make people ' chuckle' too...Boz
Boz1964
Boz1964

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down